At what height difference does it become weird?

what is an acceptable height difference between a guy and girl? would 6-7 inches start to get weird? (the guy would be taller)

just curious to what people think

thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• 6-7 inches is not weird at all. I am 5'2 and my bf is 5'8-9. My bf is 6-7 inches taller than me. Its perfect height cause he can rest his chin on the top of my head when I hug him.
    The only time height becomes awkward is when the girl is majorly taller than the guy. Girls like for men to be more masculine and its hard to do that when your bf is having to tippy toe to kiss you.

What Guys Said 11

• 4 inches is the optimal height difference because you don't need to lean down and bow your head down to look at them. I honestly don't get how some people endure that.

• It's all about hugging the person below the arms and kissing them on their mouth without it being a hassle :P

• it's only weird if the girl is much higher than the guy.

with that said you shouldn't care what other people think of your relationship. as long as you both love eachother nothing else should matter.

• for my taste, she has at least to reach up to my chest. i donĀ“t like it so much if they are taller than me.

• As long as the girl is shorter or the same height its alright. If she's taller it starts to feel weird. Im 5'8 by the way.

• 4inches and up

• Aslong as she is shorter than 6ft1 and isn't a midget I am good

• Societal wise, it's only weird if the woman is taller than the man. But I guess even in this case, a significant height difference could be deemed weird by some. But like even 30cm (sorry I'm Australian) isn't too abnormal.

• So about 12 in.
      I did the calculation, and America is just kind of weird with measuring systems

And thanks

• As long as the guy is taller than the girl, it's socially accepted.

• It can start to become weird at about 4 or so inches but I've dated girls that were 9-10 inches shorter than I am... It was weird at first but you get used to it. I've never been with a girl that is taller than I am so I can't say what difference would make that feel weird.

• For me, without girls heels on, is anything past 5'6"/5'7". I prefer her be taller than me, with heels but shorter than me, without heels. I'm fairly short so it's easy to be taller than me, without

• I'm 6'5. Shortest I've ever dated was 5'8. It's inconvenient and uncomfortable when a difference is too big plus tall women are a dream come true for me. However there is no *acceptable* difference, you do what you like and who cares what anyone else thinks.

What Girls Said 4

• 15 inches has been the biggest height difference for me. I like height but it can be somewhat impractical. But if you like someone and hit it off, height isn't an issue, you work round things :)

• lol height doesn't matter, my ex was a foot taller then me, its fun have fun and dont let it be weird

• I like height, so height differences don't bother me.
    There was a foot height difference between the last person I dated and myself. It didn't bother either of us.

• Im 5'1 and he is 5'11 ... but if it's true love who cares?