Hot girl is hot. Scary dad is scary. How can I ask her out?

So this girl I like is really nice and I'm thinking of asking her out but her dad is really scary. I'm also friends with her brother and have hung out at her house a couple times. How can I ask her out, keep my friendship and not get her dad mad?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well first of all ask your friend if it's okay to ask his sister out, you should do that before you try anything. If you get his blessing just approach her and ask her out, if her dad doesn't like you he'll probably come around eventually and if he doesn't screw him.

What Girls Said 2

• I would say ask the brother first and see how he feels. Then get the DL on how the father would want someone to go about dating his daughter. Use the brother as your inside man.

• Thanks for the help. I'll be back with the details...

• If they are conservative and he is protective towards his daughter, approach the father, ask if it would be alright if you asked his daughter out. Maybe he will start to respect you if you actually ask a permission.
    Its kinda old fashioned but give it a try.

Or try it another way around. Ask the girl, if she says yes, then ask the father can you take her out.

That might be even better.

What Guys Said 1

• If she says yes, she may be doing it out of spite. If she says no, she might have said it because she wants to but doesn't know her dad would react. I really would, like Crazy said, go the old fashioned route. Ask the dad first (and of course the brother). However, you probably shouldn't date the sister of the guy you hangout with... might make things a little awkward. That's why I'm glad I don't have brothers and sisters..