Dating men in their 20s vs 30s?

Based on my experience the guy in his 30s seems very relationship oriented. He is spending a lot of time and taking me nice places. He talks about future dates and introduced me to his friends. He said he wants to show me things in his life. He is very respectful of my feelings and my body and wants to please me.

I am mid 20s but I have always been the odd girl out who likes to do "older people" things like prefer to go for dinner or watch a movie than go to the bar or a party like my peers.

This is the most respectful and caring guy I've ever dated. Is he more serious and respectful because he's at the age where he wants something serious?

Most Helpful Girl

• I completely and totally understand you. I'm 20 and my boyfriend is 12 years older than me and honestly he is the best guy I have ever been with! I personally always preferred older guys too! They are much more mature, you can talk to them perfectly, they are very understanding and respectful. They have been through a lot more than us and I love how he shows me his world and teaches me things! He motivates me to become a better person and I actually learn so much from him :) he's everything young guys aren't and that is why I prefer older guys! I'm very very happy with my man and I hope it will stay this way forever :)
    Good luck to you girl!

What Guys Said 3

• It all depends on the guy. Lower to mid 20's just has the highest probability of enjoying their partying days. But that wouldn't necessarily stop a guy who is in his 30's from starting out partying since he never felt like partying when he turned 21. I didn't go to bars really until mid 20's and had a phase of it around then but it quickly died and I barely ever visit one now. I don't even drink anymore.

• Being in the working world matures you. Being old and having dated already makes it easier to ramp up fast to real relationships.

• Eh, I've been in the mind set of commitment and going out to dinner over bars and partying any day. It's not a matter of age, though guys who get old start to worry if they will end up alone so they start having to "settle down". That's not to say guys your own age won't want the same things you want, just that older guys might be more likely to because they grew up late.

What Girls Said 6

• Men in their 30s <3

• I completely agree with mr. anon.:D

• From my experience, it just depends on the guy. There are just as many guys in their 30s holding into their "glory days" with both hands. Sounds like you found a good, relationship oriented fellow.

• Being that im in my 20s and have always been wiser beyond my years. I've realized that even men who are in their 20s are still immature. The ones I've dated still want to party and not quite settle down yet.. smh!!

• Settling down with someone and maturity are two different things. Mature people have fun too.

• Best men are between 40 and 60

• I think it just maturity some guys in there 30's are immature and some guys in there 20's are very mature usually date older guys the last guy that I dated that was in his 30's was a complete prick he always picked fights and just acted like a child I am currently dating a guy who is 5yrs younger than me and he is very mature we can talk about anything there is no fighting and no raised voices