Should I try to date?

I'm about to start my senior year of high school, never had a date in my life, I know that sounds pathetic, and I'm trying to think of whether or not I should even try to date anyone since I'm going out of state for college, and my family is moving to another state as well, so 95% chance I'll never return to my hometown once I leave for college. I'm not really a mean guy, and I don't want to hurt anyone, so I'm confused as to whether I should date a girl and probably end up hurting her when I leave for good, or just stay single until I get to college

Most Helpful Girl

• just because you date a girl doesn't mean you have to be attached to her and be her boyfriend. Some girls like just having a nice evening with a good friend. If you're worried, go with a group. Go bowling, make dinner, play ultimate frisbee, race go-carts, do something fun. If you don't practice going on dates, you'll never find out what makes a great date. Dates aren't always the romantic crap on TV. All of the dates I've been on have really been more hanging out, but being paired off all the same. I've never had a super steady boyfriend, so it's worked out. Casual dates teach you a lot about the person and help you get to know them better. If you're worried about hurting someone, just don't let yourself have feelings for anyone. If she wants to pair off exclusively, explain your situation. If you're friends, she'll understand. Also, college girls like a man who knows how to have a good time, without all the romantic crap. Don't forget, they're not looking for marriage right off. Freshman girls still have goals. I hope I helped. Good luck with college and such! (it's a blast)

What Girls Said 3

• Their is plenty of time to date someone during college. Highschool relationships are normaly overrated and full of drama. The Drama part the most for you sence you would be leaving after school ended unless you are willing to stay with her and have a long distance relationship. Which are very very hard.. Speeking from expericance. My boyfriend lives 3 hours away. So I say just wait till college. But that is really up to you. I know you will do what is best for you.

• You can date for fun, there's no harm in that. And maybe, if she loves you enough she'll go with you or travel to see you. Not all relationships are full of drama, it really depends on who you date (I have had many peaceful relationships and plus, I'm the same age as you). So, go ahead and do it if it will make you happy.

Hope that helps!

• My advice to you would be to just try dating. It won't hurt you just don't get too serious since you're going off to college nextyear. Good luck

What Guys Said 5

• I think teenagers often date too much. I wasn't ready for serious dating until my early 20s. I was too immature. It can feel isolating and weird if you're not dating in high school ... but after you graduate, you'll never see most of those people again. So don't sweat it.

You're wise to worry about getting into a serious relationship before you move away for college. Some of the questions on this site about that very subject are heartbreaking.

So I vote for socializing in groups, doing activities with friends during your senior year, and not trying to date seriously.

You're young. There's plenty of time to date when you're a bit older.

Good luck.

• Okay, I was in your situation in my last year of high school. I purposly avoided ppl, which I regret.

It is better that you go out with girls. Remember, once you go to college most people (like 90%) have a dating experince and trust me, you do not want to fall behind.

I know I was thinking like I could hurt someone when I moved, but to be honest, it does not hurt anyone that much. Beside, it is better than having a break up because you had a fight with your parthner. If you have to break up because you had to move, you guys won;t feel unconformtable when you guys met again in the future, rather you guys would be more happy to see each other again.

Do not be desperate, but if you like someone, or someone likes you, yeah then go for it.

I

• Well its really up to you on whether or not you want a girlfriend now. If you want one there's no harm in spending some time with a girl and enjoying yourself. Of course tell her the deal so she doesn't get her hopes up of you staying around forever.

If you want to wait for college, that's fine too, but like I said its really just a matter of what you want and when.

• you're under 18?

• Yea, that's what it says, ain't it, I kno people usually think I'm like 21-22

• Wait until college. You'll find someone to date.