He's 24, I'm 18.. Could it work?

He's 23 (turning 24 soon) and I recently turned 18, I met him on my birthday night out, it was about 12.30am on the dance floor when we met, we danced and then he asked if I wanted to go outside and chat, so we did, we spent the next 3 hours talking and flirting and it was really great! He made my night, I get butterflies thinking about it. He walked me to where my sister was and her and I got a taxi home, he and I exchanged numbers and that same night even after talking for 3 hours he tried to call but i was already passed out. I was only in the area for my birthday so we haven't seen each other since that night, but we keep in touch via text and we text quite a bit, I'm going to the area for 3 days in 2 weeks and he said he wants to take me out, I'm also planning to move to the area later in the year. I'm just wondering if guys can tell me do you think its likely he actually likes me? I can't tell and its driving me crazy haha. He's so sweet, genuine and mature and he said in these exact words "I feel something special beautiful genuine and natural with you but I don't know what it is since I've only met you once" ... I totally understand the not knowing what it is because we've met just once but that other part he said, I don't know if I'm reading to much into it or not? He's complimented me a few times once he said I was amazing for buying he same book he's currently reading.. He ends our texts conversations with 'x' or 'xo' .. I really like him, because he's nothing like the assholes and immature guys I usually attract, I was absolutely stunned by his interest in me.. So I'm not sure if he is interested in me in a romantic way or just friends because of the age difference... Please help or give me suggestions on how to deal with my situation! And what would you suggest I wear on a first date guys who are 23-26 and somewhat classy, what would a girl have to wear and talk about on a first date to impress you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Firstly no harm in going out on a date with the guy. Secondly just be yourself. Genuinely he should be interested in you for who you are and not what you're pretending to be. Finally.. Ya I like a girl girl who looks classy on a date. As the other comment said.. Jeans and shirt are nice but casual or wear a tight ish dress that shows a small bit of skin. But most of all wear something that you are comfortable in. Hope that helps!

What Guys Said 7

• Yeah he seems to be interested in you which is good. Whether it's in a friendship way or a romantic way I think with time you will be able to tell. It seems like the chemistry is their. My advice would be try to take things slow and try not to rush anything. I think on your date where something nice and casual. What did you wear for your birthday when you went out that night? He probably was attracted to your looks and what you had on that night. But he does seem like a nice guy so far.

• To give a simple answer to the age issue, yes, it can work. You have no reason to worry. That age gap doesn't really bring any weird age related power issues into play.

• Yeah it can work...

• Yes it can work

• a nice dress always works. and yeah it can work

• It's fine, legally, but, I would wonder why he couldn't get a girl his own age, or why you couldn't get a guy your own age

• Yes, he sure is into you. I like shirts on girls so I'd say a black skinny jeans with a plain shirt.

What Girls Said 1

• You can't find a guy your own age to like you?