He ask if I was dating other people, why?

So me and this guy haven't been speaking for long, but we like each other obviously. I want to take me time but I feel we've already kissed and our connection is obviously there. He keeps making this joke about me having a boyfriend. Than I said no and than he asked me if I was dating other guys. I told him yeah I'm talking to guys but not the way I talk to him, basically there not as serious. So does he not want me dating other guys? Or is he just jealous?

Most Helpful Guy

• Obviously he likes you, he's testing the waters. He wants to be your boyfriend and wants to know what he's up against. I don't know if he's jealous or not or even if he doesn't want you talking to other guys, what he doesn't want is competition. He sounds a little inexperienced so I wouldn't try to make him jealous if you are in to him. It doesn't sound like you actually have a boyfriend, so if you want him to keep coming after you, really down play the I'm talking to other guys thing.

What Guys Said 2

• He seems to want you for himself! What's wrong with that? Tell him if he wants you, he'd better snag you before somebody else does!

• Yea there is some jealousy. He likes you, go for it.

What Girls Said 1

• If he's joking about you having a boyfriend he probably likes you, and wants to be your boyfriend. I have definitely done this before to a guy that I liked (I'm not proud of it... but I have done it...)