Would you date a guy or girl that has kids?

Just wanted to get your opinions on dating someone with kids. Would you do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I wouldn't. It's too much responsibility and worry for someone who's not sure if they're going to stay in the relationship forever. Even if I was certain that if we persist our relationship would go the distance, having a step child is an impossible situation. -ad least from what I hear (and can logically deduce)

What Girls Said 10

• I'm only 20 so the idea of it seems a bit off putting. I still want to spend time with a guy without having to worry about kids and that whole parent commitment thing. So for now... no :)

• As long as he can take care of them comfortably, and can be able to take care of mine if we go ahead and have kids of our own. Kids are expensive and I would like to have them too so I would look to see if he can handle it financially.
    The other thing is there has to be no unresolved issues with the baby mama.

So would I date the guy, yes. If he has room for me in his life. Emotionally mature and financially stable.

• No considering I'm just a teen... Definitely don't wanna become a teen mom.

But in the future sure why not?

• With where I am in life right now, I would not. I'm still in school and I don't know if I even want kinds of my own.

• Most likely not. I don't hate kids. I just don't want to thrust myself emotionally into some other woman's child.

• Yep. As long as they aren't bad.

• I would like to date someone who has kids.

• No i wouldn't

• I'm ok with that.

• I have before, twice.
    The first one, it wasn't a big deal at all since his ex had custody.
    The second, it was a VERY big deal because he had full custody and the mother wasn't around at all.
    It was difficult for me, especially since I don't want to have my own children, but I grew to love those kids and was genuinely disappointed when we broke up because I wouldn't get to see them anymore.
    So would I consider dating a father again? Sure.

What Guys Said 7

• As long as she was a really good person that I connected with, it probably wouldn't bother me if she had kids. At a later age though, I don't think I'd do anything like that in my 20's or before.

• I don't think I would. I don't plan to have any children of my own, so why would I want to take care of a child that's not mine?

• I would, I love kids, they're adorable :3

• At this point in my life I can say that I am honestly not ready for that. So I guess my answer is no.

• No... Ok maybe just for kicks. Only date though.

• No I don't want someone else's problems to become my own unless she is super rich.

• I don't even like girls who aren't virgins.