Is it a deal breaker when a man doesn't know how to drive?

I personally don't know how to drive and I am a 25 year old man. I have never had the need to learn I have always used the public transportation system. I live in a city and I have traveled a lot. So having a car seems to be a waste of money. But I wonder if women consider that to be a deal breaker.

Most Helpful Girl

• It wouldn't be as long as it doesn't turn into a thing of constantly needing me to take you places.

What Girls Said 4

• That's odd. Would you learn? Teaching a man to drive would be hell. Men already think they know everything.

• Yes I would. I don't know if it would be hell to teach me, but I try to follow what my teacher suggest. be it a man or a woman. I don't know about other men knowing everything but I don't know many things like driving :P

• yes, it all depends where one is from. thanks for the opinion. So I know now I need to learn to drive if I ever visit south Carolina.

• Without a doubt. I never even see cabs. I think I see a cab like once a month.

• for me it is. u gotta learn, that's something most people learn in their teens

• The reason that makes it a deal breaker is because it is something learned in teen years? Ok, I thought it was because of something deeper, but ok. Thanks for the opinion

• No thats not a dealbreaker at all but I would love it if he want to learn eventually though.

• I live in a city too and it's totally not a necessity

• That is the thing I haven't had the need to learn. But I see a lot of teens looking at driving as if it was a right of passage. So I was wondering. thanks for the opinion.

• I didn't live in the city as a teen and it was a HUGE deal to get my license, as it was the only way to get anywhere. But if you've lived in a city your whole life, it's not weird to not drive.

What Guys Said 1

• I'd learn to drive just in case you're ever in the situation where you need the skill, but honestly using public transportation or just walking places instead of driving a car is probably better for yourself and everyone else for so many reasons. If everyone were like you a lot of problems with our society would go away, lol.