Dating, is there really any point in it anymore?

Maybe it's just me, but dating and relationships
are not what they use to be. What ever happened to
liking a person for who they are and actually taking
time to get to know them as a person?

I've been on here for 2yrs now and I've seen so many
things pertaining to dating, that I wonder why people
even bother. Between having to be a certain height.
Having a certain hair length. Having to be smooth in
area's not seen by the sun. Preference's that no one
could ever meet. Everybody breaking up over everything.
No one being open minded about love and or different
ways to find it. Etc etc. With all that, why bother?

I just don't get it, especially. since I'm not going to turn
myself inside out and upside down, just to land a mate.
So, I guess I'll always be single. Maybe it's best.

Anyhoo, what's the appeal of relationships now?

Most Helpful Guy

• All those requirements only apply if you're aiming for the top 10% or so of guys which most gals are.

For example you want a guy with a college degree? Sounds reasonable, right? Even if that's your only requirement and even if you don't give a damn about which degree it is and from where you're still aiming for the top 35% of men (in the 25-30 category). Bear in mind that there are more female grads than male grads, and bear in mind that I, and many other guys, don't care whether you have a degree or not (so you're basically competing with the non-degree gals too). And that's just ONE factor.

See how hard it is for you?

• It's not hard, I'd rather just be lonely and single. Then have to put up with all of that. I don't care if a guy has a college degree or not, that's not a reason to date a person. Sure it may be great from him to have degree to a get job, but it brings nothing to a relationship. So, why would that be of importance?

What Guys Said 9

• Simply put, dating is simply a way to filter through the bad. it's not meant to be a relationship "filler" so to speak. Not suppose to take the place of a relationship while you wait to find "the one". God showed me one thing after my baptism that was so basic but so profound. The nature of relationships...

• Divine Wisdom dictates there are three kinds of relationships. The first is inhabited by two takers, short lived at best. When one or the other is done taking it is over. The second relationship is inhabited by a taker an a giver. It can go on for a very long time. The taker will take as long as the giver can give. The giver needs to be given to or they will eventually be sucked dry. This relationship is doomed to failure due to the fact it is unequally balanced. The last relationship is inhabited by two givers, HEAVEN on earth. Two people trying to out give each other. If you are not in a relationship that consists of two givers then I suggest you keep looking for the right relationship, it will save you a bunch of heart ache...

• FIND A GIVER, it's the only way to happiness...

• I guess its a product of the throw away culture, huge amount of consumer choice and the massive influence of super connected social media that some but not all people come to consider the norm. They then apply this to real life people and inevitably the way they see relationships. Just think a thousand years ago you wouldn't even have got a choice, it would have been arranged for you and it would have been for life.

• Take what you read on here with a grain of salt. This site has a way of making people a little jaded. It represents a very small percentage of the populace. You have people from all walks of life and different cultures to different age groups all with a different perspective of attractiveness and different levels of maturity. Be you and you'll find the man you're meant to be with.

• I actually like getting to know the girls I date it's fun and interesting. As for preferences I'm not a picky guy if your average or above average looking and our personailtys click I'm good to go. Also I actually court women.

• Lel u can't even force urself to be single so why say dat u will remain single? aren't u still drooling over dat one guy? ;D

• What are you talking about?

• Maybe u juz haven't experience like what da other cuties experience =P
      Never know til u experience one.

• Yeah, whatever

• Not everyone was ever made to make it. It's not a game everyone wins.

• I agree 100%. Everything is inorganic, superficial, and contrived.

Like geez, subscribe to eugenics and selective breeding, while you're at it.

• Click the red x, shut down the computer
    Go see the natural light, daytime and lunar
    Two years is far too long, inevitably jaded
    This can't compare to the real life it imitated

There's reason to bother with relationships
    Connecting to another, that's when elation hits
    Trust in time, that's what patience gets
    The cynic falls to dust and then expectation flips

You saw the lists, you saw the frustration
    Everything a person wants for so called gratification
    Beyond what any human could possibly achieve
    But are these words really something to believe

Out in the world we hide our imperfection
    We know all about the judgment so we avoid detection
    We hate the hypocrites, so it's funny to mention
    They are the ones who fall for us without intention

Because lists don't mean a thing when we don't know what we want; we're all hypocrites too
    Just get out there and take a risk on people, because someone is out there waiting to love you

• Is that a poem?

• not*

• I have experienced people in the world and it was also a sucky experience. That's why
      for me online or offline, things aren't really that different. Plus, I don't connect to people easily. No matter where I go. But, I appreciate your opinion.

What Girls Said 3

• I wonder the same thing. People are so superficial and shallow these days I wonder why the hell girls want to get married or get in relationships in the first place. If I found a super attractive and righteous guy I'd date but the average Joe is not worth it these days.

• I upvoted mainly because you said "righteous" lol
      All kidding aside I agree with you, but if a girl came along that was attractive and we clicked I'd be good to go

• I don't bother. I am foreveralone and fine with it :D

• What's the appeal? You know exactly what it is. You wanted it and you still do