My girlfriend acts like doesn't care. Normal question but strange circumstances?

My girlfriend, her kids and I have been living together for about 3 years. Recently she was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, Fibromyalgia and Gastreoperesis. Her doctor urged her to quit her job. She did and were still waiting on disability to start. I'm handling all finances. We are looking for a cheaper house as well. Her mom offered to let us move in with her while we save. I politely declined. Stupid pride.

We had a power outage two weeks ago in my neighborhood that lasted 3 days. They all went to her moms. I ended up staying two nights. It was once again discussed moving in. I said if they all really wanted to I would agree. It was then told to me that I couldn't because her mom just went through a break up and didn't want guys there. Since then I have barely gotten to see my family which tears me to no end. On top of that my girlfriend started talking to me less and less.

I finally asked her why this past Saturday. She said she feels romantically numb. With not being able to support herself she feels useless and unable to give back. One of her illnesses causes weight gain so she doesn't feel sexy. She can talk to her friends normally because they don't expect anything. I tried telling her these things don't matter to me but understand they matter to her.

I'm a musician on the side so I'm often times writing and playing songs for her. Have always sent her texts throughout the day telling her how lucky I am to have her. I surprise her with gifts. So not sure if it's my fault she feels numb or something within herself.

Yesterday we were talking and she says she doesn't know if she can date anyone right now. Which lead to a huge fight. She never directly said to me we were done but a mutual friend told me that my girlfriend said we was. We haven't spoken since. I'm trying to give her space. I have no idea what's going on or what to do

Thanks for the replies.

Teray1: I am very sorry to hear of your ailment. My mother and my youngest niece both have epilepsy. While not knowing how it feels it's simply dreadful to endure. I'm trying to be patient it's just hard.
Anonymous. That's actually what I'm trying to do now. I was thinking see if she would come to me first. We were supposed to have a date night on Friday but who knows now.

Most Helpful Girl

• First im sorry i dont want to compare myself to your situation. Its nowhere close i have epilepsy suffer my whole life with it. And it is emotionally draining and depression and my condition is not as bad as many other ailments out there. So i can only imagine how sicker people out then me can feel. So whenever i can help others its the best feeling in the world cause half the time i feel as if there is nothing i can do for myself. The only thing you can do is be patent and understanding. There will be times she will be angry. And depressed and just want to cry. Its not a good thing to have to go through.

What Girls Said 1

• Just give it a little time. She's going through a hard time right now and is still trying to figure everything out. I say just give her a little space but still try to be around. Don't completely give up on her but don't smother her. Just give her some time to think and try to keep yourself busy. Maybe text her and call her a little bit but try not to think about it too much. If its true love she will still want to be with you she just needs time to herself

What Guys Said 1

• but i feel an explanation is missing here.. maybe you are over thinking the situation.. i dont know..