Did this guy just say this to politely ditch me?

so we have been texting for a while, then last week he send this:

hey
i still think you are a really nice and cool girl to hang out with, but i still don't really have the butterfly feelings.
i hope it'll change when we hang out. but i can't promise anything

after he sent this we texted a bit, but the conversation ended with him sending a smiley. since then we haven't spoken at all.
now I'm trying to figure out if he just told me this, so i would leave him alone, or if he told because he genuinely means it. is he waiting for me to text? or not?

what do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• You got friend zoned, He's not interested.
    :p its ok.

• fuaaaarck. pffff, weird thing is he always says baby, honey and cutie and says he loves me. i really don't get guys haha

What Guys Said 7

• Well, hang out. But don't be surprised if he dumps you sometime in the near future.

• he's not interested. There's no way he would have sent that text if he thought he had even the smallest amount of interest. sorry :(

• thanks for the honesty :) its okay, i didn't really like him either, but all my friends have been saying different things :p

• aw thanks, very sweet. i just needed an outside opinion i guess. whats your username? i'd like to follow you. you seem real honest and i appreciate that :)

• Didn't realise I was anon LOL. Here you go.

• Have you been out on a date, yet?

• He's not into you and is hoping that being in your presence will help him change how he feels.

• then why hasn't he texted me yet?

• He might be busy, he being seeing someone else, his phone might be broken, he's not interested in you enough to continue contact. The list of possibilities as to why he hasn't text you is about as long as my arm.

• Friend zoned but he'd prolly still smash if you hung out, lol. Yeah, he was pretty up front.

• He means what he said. Hang out with him and see what happens.

What Girls Said 3

• I personally think so, it's a nice way to break things off. IF he really is interested he would make an effort to show you that he is

• Yes, he genuinely means it and he doesn't see you in that way but is hoping it'll change with time hanging out with you. He atm ain't quite feeling you but likes you as a friend

• He just friendzoned you politely