My crush texted me at 1 am saying "hey". What does that mean?

Why at 1 in the morning? What does it mean? We texted until like 4 one day but this was strange to start a convo this late

Most Helpful Guy

• that late in the night one only thinks about those he really wants to be with or really like...
    it takes a lot of courage to say to someone you don't usually talk to... may be he really wants to talk to you and may be you both should be together...

• We talk a lot and for a very long time! Go answer my last question! That helped

What Guys Said 7

• maybe he was out doing something and just finished and decided to text you. You can ask him about it though.

• Hey.. means hello :)

• I understand that, but at 1 in the morning. Pretty sure it wasn't a booty call either

• Well no, since you're 14...

• The only time I text a girl early in the morning/late at night is when I like that girl. It's kind of my way of saying 'If we're gonna be together, ya better get used to being up this late all the time." If ya know what I mean.

• Thanks :) that helps a lot

• I think he might like me

• He wants to bang.

• We're 14

• I remember when I was 14. Man, did I want to bang. 1AM texts have a meaning beyond age.

• Really? HAHAAH like what

• Your account says your 18-24?

• I text people after 1 am. Usually it's because I'm just getting back from the bar though. I'm 25

• Hmm... he text you late at night. You know what means.

• We're like 13-14 don't think it was a booty call, what else could it be?

• I've noticed

• I remember being 14 and I had same mind back then and now.

What Girls Said 9

• Booty call. Anything between 10pm and 7 am can be considered a booty call. If you want something interesting with this guy beyond a booty call, never answer his phone calls at that time and dont respond to his texts at that time. If he asks say in a nice way, Oh Im sorry I was asleep when you send me the text message if you try to get in contact with me earlier I think you'll have higher chances of getting ahold of me.

• If he is pushing a button That 'Late,' then it could be an early bird special Sign he has a bit of a 'Crush' on you as well. Keep looking for more messages, more signals that would mean You have 'Pushed a few of his buttons' as well.
    Good luck. xx

• Go answer my last question please! That answer helped!

• Yes please, you helped

• Okay, Follow me and write me a message, sweetie, for for some reason no one can send any messages until you do it, which I don't understand... xx

• Maybe he was up? How else do you start a conversation? "Hey" seems like a very socially acceptable way to begin a conversation.

• he could have been bored, Or he trying to start a convo. Sometimes you shouldn't read to much in things. You know we girls over think too much. Just go with the flow, otherwise you can make yourself unhappy.

• Since you're very young, we can presume he isn't making a booty call and isn't playing mind games. That leaves the fact that he likes you back. =)
    Boys don't send random messages to girls they aren't interested in.

• Nope. not true. my crush used to text me even at 3 am and we've never been more than friends :/

• Come on, you told him he's not ugly and he told you you're perfect. You can't seriously be asking ME if I think there is some chance he likes you.

• So is that a yes LOL

• A booty call or just wanted to see if you were up to talk

• he was or bored, or missed you. probably the second one though.

• He means hi! Lol

• He was awake and bored