Why is it so wrong to only want to date attractive women?

My aunt always wants me to date. She thinks it's bad that I only want good-looking women. Well, what's wrong with that? I will never date a woman I am not attracted to no matter how nice she is. If I couldn't date a woman I find attractive then I would rather be single and alone. I am very picky about the women I approach, I have to be attracted to them. Being unlucky in dating and with women doesn't mean I will date the first woman who shows interest in me. Why should I lower my standards?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• Nothing wrong with it... in fact it's pretty normal to want to be with a person that you find attractive. I can't see how it can be enjoyable or healthy to be stuck with someone who you don't find physically appealing. People just don't like admitting this because obviously it can step on people's toes who might feel insecure about themselves. But the good news for those people is that beauty is subjective and that what one person views as attractive isn't the same as the person next to them. I could never be with someone who I feel no attraction towards. It's important for me. I've tried dating a guy in my past who I didn't find attractive per say but he was a good friend... well after a few months I just felt totally bad and like I was wasting my time as there was no chemistry, butterflies or excitement. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. As long as your standards are realistic it's fine. It's not unrealistic to want a partner who you find pleasing to look at in my opinion.

• I just want a good-looking woman who is also a great person on the inside to match her looks.

• But I'm the bad guy for wanting this. See the answer below.

• You're a normal person for wanting this. Anyone who is willing to date someone who they find unattractive or bad looking are in the vast minority. People just don't like admitting these things cause people get offended. Truth is people reject others all the time for not doing it for them be it chemistry wise, attraction wise or compatibility wise.

• It sounds like you’re looking for someone who is attractive along with a great personality. Nope, nothing wrong with it…. We all want to be with someone who we are attracted to, looks-wise as well as personality… its just easier to be attracted to the person from their looks before their personality. Its completely normal and there's nothing wrong with it… I think everyone feels the same way (even the ones who say its shallow) =D

• I know where your last line is directed to. Lol

• Yes hahaha the last line was directed to me (I used to say that it's very shallow but I realized that its only sensible that everyone wants to date someone who they find attractive.) So yes, I am unashamedly referring to meselff xD

• Haha lmao
      Its really nice to know that someone accept something and stand for that and want to make change. (Brave girl)
      Kudos to you. 😉😃😄

• Because you don't really have standards, you're just looking at the outside. Everyone would rather have an attractive person to date, but if their personality isn't there than what's the point? Would rather be with someone pretty who makes you miserable or someone you really enjoy being around?

• Her personality has to match her looks. I don't want to date a b***h no matter how good she looks. Sounds exhausting.

• Just make sure they are attracted to you or you could have big problems... lol..

• They must like me. I wouldn't want a woman to go out with me if she wasn't attracted to me.

• Ideally, you want someone who you find attractive. If you don't, chances are you wouldn't really like them. Now attraction isn't only a matter of appearance, it has also to do with the connection you have with one another.

• its incredibly shallow no offence

What Guys Said 4

• What proportion of women do you consider attractive?

There's a difference between only dating women you find attractive, and only dating women you find heart-achingly beautiful who elicit an emotional response in you without even knowing them.

• heart-achingly beautiful who elicit an emotional response in you without even knowing them OR GTFO!!!

• Let's just say I don't stand a chance with a model. So I won't approach them.

• So are you saying it's under 5% of women your age? If that's the case, I'm going to say you're just living in your head, and underestimating how much more fun an above average woman who wants you is vs. your right hand and a pic of a model.

If its like 25%, just get out there and make it happen.

• Meh, here's the way I see it.

If a person has never someone they consider to be completely physically hideous, they have no right to call you shallow.

• you shouldn´t lower your standards it´s a good thing to be picky but don´t be superficial and only take her because she looks nice.

• She has to have a personality. A good one. I don't want a woman who is dumb or mean.

• good then. but if your standards are too high, you´ll never find a girl. if you are successfull with your standards, there is nothing wrong about it.

• There's nothing wrong with that.

• Just in case you didn't see my response to you:

Yes hahaha the last line was directed to me (I used to say that it's very shallow but I realized that its only sensible that everyone wants to date someone who they find attractive.) So yes, I am unashamedly referring to meselff xD