When a guy you dont know is asking for your number, is his intention sex?

There was this guy who kept talking to me. He kept telling me how beautiful I was and he kept asking if we could hang out. I would constantly give him the same answer which was that I didn't feel comfortable hanging out with him. He kept asking for my number. How do I nicely tell a guy that I'm not interested? And if most guys say how beautiful you are and ask for your number, are their intention only for sex?

Most Helpful Guy

• Anytime a guy is paying you any attention, his ultimate intention is sex. Now, he may or may not ALSO want a relationship to one degree or another, but in almost any case, a guy showing attention to an attractive girl is about sex. Guys are genetically programmed that way from millions of years of evolution.

This isn't a BAD thing, it just IS. It's only bad if you don't know how to handle it, and let yourself get used for sex when you don't want to.

• lol I'm saving sex for marriage so I don't think that would happen either way. But I didn't know how to handle the situation as usually when I tell people I dont feel comfortable talking to people I don't know, they usually respect that and leave me alone. But he just wouldn't leave me alone

• I've met christian guys who are also saving sex for marriage. And as for the other thing, I do interract with guys, just not random guys in the subways who constantly ask for my number. I'm not in denial, but I just don't want anything to start before I'm ready and comfortable

• Even christian guys who are saving sex for marriage are still MOTIVATED by sex.

But, yeah, I get that you weren't comfortable with a random guy on the subway, and that's just fine. You're probably best off sticking with the christian guys anyway - they're more likely to be compatible with you.

What Guys Said 6

• I know a young woman who gives out some sort of jokeline number -- she told me.

Seems like an odd guy to me, to be honest. Saying you're "not comfortable" is not an encouraging type of response. Were those the exact words you used?

I suppose he could be bad at reading signals. Was this only a one day, random encounter? If not, I'd be looking over my shoulder. I would also tell him you have a boyfriend.

• well before when strangers would talk to me, even though I felt nervous, they didn't give me the signal that they were after sex. So it was easier having conversation with them. But with this one, I didn't know how to respond as usually I just talk to guys I know, and the guys I know aren't as straight forward as this guy. I wanted to distance myself from him but I didn't know how to tell him that. I hate being mean, even to strangers who make me feel uncomfortable. So I was trying to be as honest as possible by telling him that I didn't feel comfortable giving him my number nor hanging out with him. What kind of response would you suggest I would use?

• Well, I think a plain "not interested" is more neutral. Or if you want to be very polite: "Flattered, but not interested." There is nothing wrong with being direct.

Not saying anything you said was wrong, esp. if he was leaning close to you. I just think him hearing that and still trying makes him an odd one.

• Either sex, or dating + sex.

• When guys want to hang out with or date or get a girl's number, the intention is sex. The only question is if he wants sex alone or if he wants to date/be a couple and such as well as having sex.

• They may want to date you as well, but pretty much every guy wants sex!

• Lol this is for sex. Get rid of him.

• Why don't you like him?

• I didn't know the guy at all. I met him in the subway and I tend to feel uncomfortable when strangers start talking about my personal life. He kept asking for my number and where I'm from and where I'm going and that was making me feel very nervous. And I felt like his intentions was sexual by the way he was staring at me but I'm not sure

• but this guy wouldn't leave me alone. Like I dont mind if a person compliments me, but even when I got out of the subway to change to another route, he came as well. And he didn't even go to the same train, but he followed me and kept talking to me. Thats what freaks me out

• He liked you

What Girls Said 2

• He may want to date, but with that also comes an expectation of sex, yeah. A guy doesn't fawn over female friends, cause that's inappropriate.

• so whats the nicest way of saying that I'm not interested? I kept telling him that I didn't feel comfortable hanging out with him because I didn't know me but that wasn't stoping him from interracting with me

• I didn't give him my number

• Well, then tell him "no means no" and if he can't take it, again, cops.

• maybe, but it could also be trying to get to know you better and make it easier to contact you and hang out. you could tell him you have a bf or you're too busy to hang out too