Is there anything wrong with me wanting to be single for a while?

I've been single for three years and honestly, I like the single life. Relationships are a lot of work. My best friend told me that her boyfriend wanted to hook me up with his friend and we both like Christian music. Her boyfriend asked me if I wanted to go out with his friend and we both love Christian music. I texted him that I'm not ready for a relationship right now and I'm going with what my heart tells me but thanks anyways. He hasn't texted me back yet. I'm 24 going to be 25 this November. I have plenty of time to find a man. Also, I don't want to lead his friend on or hurt him. I don't want to do that. I had a boyfriend, but it didn't work out and tried our best to work on the relationship. I didn't have my first boyfriend until I was 21. I like the single life and I don't want anybody to hook me up. I don't want to be single forever, but I don't need a man to make me happy. I hope I did the right thing.

• Yes
  • No. You need to at least try!

Most Helpful Girl

• You stay single as long as you want. Even if you wanted a boyfriend, it is not your job to date the first guy who shows interest. You are allowed to have preferences and are allowed to reject guys even if others don't think it's right. It's your life and your love life, and you are not obliged to date someone AT ALL. You are not being shallow or picky!!! You are being wise and thinking of yourself first which in this situation is correct. It's better to let someone know where you stand before they get too involved anyways, so you did fine. Just because a guy is "nice and will treat you right" doesn't make him the perfect candidate. If you don't want to date, or if his personality and interests or intents in a relationship don't match yours, then you don't have to date him no matter what he, your friends, or anyone else think. I wish you luck, fellow single lady! ;)

What Guys Said 4

• Your fine... just dont be like me... being single was great until i realized im 37 and running out of time... now im panicking ! ... and find someone who likes christian music... dont let being interested make you compromise on that... you won't feel right...

• Meh, relationships and people are stupid.

8 years and going, I don't need that shit in my life.

• Wow, 8 years is a long time, but hey if it makes you happy, then good for you!

• 8 years is long enough! You need to find a woman. It's in out mature to find a mate.

• Not at all, sometimes its very nice to avoid all the drama and emotional crap that comes along with relationships. You are plenty young too, no rush.

• I've been single my whole life and I'm happy. I want to find my soul mate one day though.

What Girls Said 3

• Oh come on! Give the guy a chance. You never know, he may treat you better and he may be the man you're looking for. I think you're just saying tat you are not ready is because you expect mister Prince Charming and good-looking. It's not about looks and I think you are picky and a sore loser. You don't want to be single for the rest of your life do you? Just go out with his friend and stop being so damn shallow and picky! No wonder you are still single.

• Hey! There's nothing wrong with you wanting to be single. Don't let people try to hook you up if you don't want to. I have a cousin who's 29 and she enjoys the single life. She had so many boyfriends, but all ended badly. Enjoy being single, Honey. =)

• no. do whatever makes you happy, and if being single makes you happy, stick with it!