Asking your BF/GF to unfriend someone from Facebook?

Hypothetically speaking, let's say you asked your BF/GF to remove someone from Facebook months ago and they didn't? How would you feel? What course of action would you take?

Most Helpful Girl

• I knew a very nice man at my church who was always talking to me and trying to make me feel welcome at church and I added him as a friend on facebook. His wife didn't like me because I wasn't as good looking or as popular as her and told him to take me off his friends list because I was devaluing her social status and his so he complied to her. One jerk and now she's made them both jerks. I wouldn't think anything of it if they didn't listen to me unless the person was trying to date them.

What Girls Said 14

• People are going to come and go in your life like BF/GF. IF THEY ARE JUST A FRIEND. it should be fine, Just be careful you may lose that friend over something that should have just been talked. about it this AND "X" OR SOME THAT HAS HURT YOU. told different conversation then.

• What were your reasons for asking them to unfriend this person?

• I wouldn't do that but if like in the scenerio u mentioned above, of course i would be upset and may ask him why

• That's ok sometimes but only sometimes

• it depends why but normally if a bf or gf asks you to unfriend someone its kind of meaning that they FEEL (not being) threaten by that person :)

• Why would you ask them to unfriend anyone? It's not your life, so don't do that, not cool.

• It depends, if he had something going on with that person, we would have a serious talk. If not, maybe ill let it go

• I would immediately have many questions such as if there was something going on that I don't know about or I'd believe that the Facebook friend might mean a lot so is investigate. I have trust issues so it wouldn't help I this kind of situation.

• I would feel betrayed, but is it really that bad to be online friends with someone? I think it's unnecessary to cry over a supposed title of "friendship".

• wouldn't bother me as long as they are just friends

• I wouldn't ask them to in the first place.

• If you find the person as a threat then they shouldn't have an issue deleting. They need to know how you feel about it

• Well I wouldn't have asked them to unfreiend them seeing no point if I trust them.

• I would be disappointed but I mean, they're friends and he/she obviously still wants to interact with them so I won't stop him.

What Guys Said 5

• Given the information its hard to say.

It all depends really, is the BF/GF in question friends with this person? Why would said person ask to remove this person from their friends list? Is the BF/GF just insecure?

Given the information its impossible to say.

• Let's say this specific person chatted up your SO while y'all were on a break and asked them out on two dates.

• hm... well you two were on a "break" so they were technically free at the time. So it all depends how the bf/gf in question still thinks of the person and if there are still feelings there you shouldn't be dating said person

• I would never ask someone to remove a Facebook friend.

• I smell needy, desperate pungent gas. That's a bad way to go dude.

• You shouldn't have asked. Mistake one. If it needed to be done and your partner is a good person; they would have removed whoever without you asking. If it was necessary. Those request are usually not worth it and they highlight a lack of maturity on your part.

• If I'm doing this in the first place, then the problem is with me not with them. But if I did ask them and they didn't remove the person, I'm sure I'd get all upset and do whatever an insecure person is supposed to do in that situation.