Why guys do not like to double date?

So I have noticed awhile now that guys hate double dating and the ones that love to double date are usually forced by their girlfriends. So why do guys not like to double date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't generalise a whole gender because the 0.0000000000001% you've met don't like double dating. That's like me saying "All girls are bitches" because I work with one girl who happens to be a bitch. Thoughts and opinions on double dating are specific to the PERSON, NOT the gender.

What Guys Said 6

• I've never been on a real date but i can guess why... unless youve already dated this person a few times before... a double date can pose an intrusion to getting to know each other... so unless all people involved are swingers i would say its best to not to double date early on especially the first date... but then again if you and your date are shy... double dating can ease the burden of not having anything interedting to talk about...

• Well for starters, it doesn't really feel like a date. Date night is suppose to be an opportunity to spend time together, not with your friends. Also, I've noticed that girls use it as an opportunity to "show off" their boyfriend to their friends. She'll want me to be extra charming and affectionate so she can look good in front of her friend, which makes me feel like a show dog, not a boyfriend.

• I like to be only with her on dates.

• Because it sucks. How can you have a proper time when there's another guy and girl tagging along?

• Maybe it has to do with the guy not liking to open himself up emotionally in front of others besides his girlfriend. Also it feels like the two girls are comparing notes in an attempt to defeat us somehow. Women over think things bad enough without another woman encouraging her. Then afterwards she wants to talk about the couple, which means the other couple is most likely talking about and judging us. There is really no part of a double date that sounds appealing to me.

• Too much pressure/constantly being compared to the other guy.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd say depends. If I am good friends with both of the other couple, then I enjoy the double. If it is just the girls wanting to hang out together, then it feels like you are the side event.