In a guys opinion is there a huge difference between men in their 30's and women in their 40's?

I am 43 by birth but I look, feel and act 33. I want to date a guy that is thirty something but I don't know how my flirtations would be received. I have found that I don't have very much in common with men my age or older so I have been considering a younger guy but have been afraid to approach him with those kind of signals. What is your advice guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• basically, it all comes down to looks. Take a look in the mirror and be honest: if you think you could be mistaken for the age group you seek, then you are set. Otherwise, the task before you will prove much more difficult - not impossible, but difficult: guys in their thirties spend a lot of time pining over girls in their 20's, so it's not like it's unfair of you to want this - just don't expect any greater success than they have (which isn't much).

• I really appreciate your honesty. I put a pic on my profile for your opinion. Do I look like I'm in my 30's or 40's.

• i would have guessed 38, but I've always been really bad at guessing women's ages - especially from a picture.

What Guys Said 2

• I think you have a good chance to be able to approach guys in their 30's. I am 30, and I wouldn't mind someone in their 40s approaching me.

• Why wouldn't you mind? What is appealing about older women?

• I think now that I myself am getting older, being with a 20 year old isn't very attractive. I'd find a 40 year old more attractive than a 20 year old. I would be guessing that the 40 year old is a bit more mature, and in a similar point in life that I am in.

• Such as career, goals in life, etc. A 20 year old would still be in school, finding themselves, not sure of career.

• If you look and act ten years younger, especially if you are attractive and engaging, your age likely will not deter many younger guys from reciprocating your advances or dating you.

What Girls Said 2

• Do what young people do.
    Go to the bar/lounge.
    There are men that go there by themselves.
    Try to flirt with them.

• I'm not a guy but I think it all oils down to the person, everyone has different taste and I think you should throw a few signals at him and see what he does :)