The 24/48/72 hour rule is stupid, right?

I went out with a girl last night. Dinner, after dinner drinks, etc. we both had a great time, and we ended up with several after-date kisses. It's clear we like each other and want to go out again.

So I don't have to wait 24/48/72 hours to call or text, right? If you like someone and you're sure they like you back, it's not desperate to reach out the next day. Right? It just makes sense to continue communicating.

Or is there something to be gained by waiting?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 4

• After my first date with my bf, he texted me an hour later to set up a second date. Nothing wrong with sowing interest

• It's a dumb rule. Definitely communicate the day after.

• Ya it's stupid. i had a guy text me after a date before I even got home, which was surprising but in a good way

• Yes, that rule is stupid. Do what you want and when you feel it. =)

What Guys Said 3

• do as you feel but 1 of the reasons why guys wait and do the whole "rule" or "bro code" is because you can be your own worst enemy:P some guys need to take a few days or whatever to ease up a bit so that they don't respond to the girl right away and start saying the stupidest shit that comes to their mind and scare her off. basically guys do it to clear their head before doing anything impulsive or saying something stupid.

• Girls say it's a dumb rule because they hate waiting.

But guys have found out, often to their cost, that if you call too early she won't value you or respect you (because you seem too needy and desperate) and if you wait too long, she won't entertain you because she values and respects herself not to spend time on you.

Optimally, you wait 3 days. The girls don't like it, but most men have found out that the 3 day waiting period gives you the best chance of success in the relationship.

• I don't follow societies stupid rules. Do what you want dude.