Are women interested in men as much as men are interested in women?

I think that men are WAY MORE interested in women than women are interested in men. We're the ones that approach, ask out , pay for a woman's company and time aka a date, go all out , etc. I never thought that women were really ever interested in men as much as men are interested in women. It's almost like they give off a "you better be grateful that I gave you my number and I'm agreeing to go out with you" type of vibe which is kinda sad and selfish. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• It sure seems that way sometimes, at least in my experience. Whenever I read questions on the internet or hear it from my friends or even random passerby's, it more often than not seems like it's the girl who is pulling away from the guy's romantic pursuit, and not the other way around.

I actually see a lot of questions where girls say, "I didn't see him romantically at first" or "I rejected him at first, but eventually I developed feelings."

Guys seem to be more interested, or at least catch interest, a bit quicker than girls. It may have to do with the fact that guys seem to be more visual, whereas girls seem to be more mentally attracted (speaking in general of course).

• My main man Kambo always keeping it 100

What Girls Said 3

• i think its kind of equal on both sides

• no women are just as interested in men as men are women.

• Yes, but women are taught that their sheer physical attraction to a guy (why guys approach) is bad. Men say it all the time - that women who follow their gut instinct are sluts, shallow, unkind, masculine, etc. We're told that a guy will only be faithful if he loves us more. That it's our own fault if we ever get hurt by a man we found attractive for "not giving guys who really loved us a chance." There are books written in why women should settle and blogs why women need to ignore their passion. "Let him grow in you,". They say. "All that matters is a guy's heart," they say.

Guys, however, are told to chase women they find beautiful, live life to the fullest, go for what they want, look for sex where they can find it, etc.

• Sorry but someone lied to you.

• I was raised as you describe. Never chase a guy, never let them know you're interested. But I wish I hadn't listened. In my thirties I realize now how much fun it is to put it all on the table. Guys are relieved to know they don't have to play games. It's great. I don't think the guys think I'm trashy. They call me confident and to them that's extremely hot!

• I think part of the problem is that some people can be so cruel when facing rejection. Freeing women to show their attraction to you also means freeing them to not be attracted to you and to be attracted to someone else.

So many women are too caught up in bring nice and pleasing everyone to be real.

What Guys Said 4

• Not at all. Few women spend much time chasing guys. Not because they're less sexual or anything, but just because of cultural patterns that keep women 'in their place', still today

• You're wrong. Women are just as interested, but they've been conditioned from a young age that it's un-ladylike to show it.

• I don't think so. Men are the ones that are breaking their necks to show women they're interested in them not women. From approaching to asking out on a date, paying for everything and holding the door open, pulling out chairs, etc. I say men win hands down.

• Yeah, you don't think so. But you're wrong.

• The same. Same level of "Want, but too shy" as well. Some bitches are forward as fuck though. When they're hot, it's great.

• the fact is women in most cases are satisfied with attention from men, they only make a move if they feel the need to have a partner

while men aren't satisfied with attention, they want a companionship or physical contact or a relationship