Why is it so hard to get a girlfriend these days?

And with all that, people still have the audacity to tell WOMEN to NOT lower their standards but that men should.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because everyone has high standarts now and if they find one thing that's unattractive about you they move on... they can't accept the fact that everyone has flaws and no one is perfect and they are not willing to take the time to really know someone because they're not attractive enough.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because hooking up has become more common, so a smaller group of more popular guys are monopolizing a larger proportion of women.

That's what's changed 'these days'.

The other issue is your age, demand for women your age is higher then for males your age, because older guys are poaching some of the girls your age. That trend continues till you're 25, at which point men have a supply/demand advantage vs women from then on, though never as big as the advantage 18-24 year old women have.

• That sucks man. So you're telling me I have to wait until I am 25 to get a steady girlfriend? That's 9 years! I have wanted one for 3.5 years (like not actually wanted one for a lot of that time, but I always had that core desire deep in my heart) and that already seems long.

• How?

• Looks: Get fit, get toned, get a good hair style, dress in a way that as well as meeting definitions of 'cool' for whatever demographic you're in also flatters you.

Status: be good at shit that you care about, that makes you better, and don't be embarrassed that you care about it. Have goals and go after them.

- work on your interpersonal skills if they suck. Don't confuse introversion with shyness. Be bold.

- be more confident in yourself.

- be comfortable with your sexual side. Girls don't want to date guys they don't want to fool around with, and they don't want to fool around with guys who seem awkward about it, or who act like it's doing something wrong. Odds are they already feel like a bit of a slut for having any sex drive. You being comfortable with being a borderline pervert creates a space where they don't feel judged for their desires.

What Girls Said 5

• I dont think that people should base what they look for in other people as "standards". That's just cheap and demeaning.
    Instead look at the "standards" as something that people are searching for in the opposite gender to help them find that soulmate :)

• I think guys and girls should be open minded and realistic, but not lower their standards. there's a difference. You want what you want, don't cut yourself short.

• I thought it was vice versa seems hard to find a boyfriend

• What? With all the guys that throw themselves at you?

• And sadistic

• Why do you think its hard?

• Why is it so hard to get a boyfriend these days?

• Wanna be ma HAWT date?

• We could give it a shot, but I kinda doubt it hun;)

• inb4 The first couple in history to meet on GaG.

What Guys Said 5

• Under 18 as long as you're not hooked onto technology and have a good set of social skills, it will not be a problem.

It gets harder and harder as people get older when more factors come into play. When you're young and in school, you have plenty of choices honestly. The girls aren't going to try to look into what living space you're in, what your yearly salary is, and so on. As you get older it gets tougher as these girls start getting more uptight about the "quality" of the guy while basing "quality" on all the wrong things.

My advice is to find a girl while you're young. As long as you can converse in real life without all the social anxiety technology addicts have you'll be fine.

• But what if I have no looks or status?

• Under 18
    anti-female rage
    does not realize that the gender-specific conceptual separation is partially responsible for his inadequacy at relating with females
    also trying to get a "girlfriend" just to have a girlfriend and not to establish a reasonable relationship based on mutual admiration

• This is not anti-female rage. I actually think double standards for both sexes are wrong. I think both parties should be told to have reasonable standards.

• Choosing standards is down to the individual. It's easier if you use a unified standard for all human beings. Considering, most positive qualities are positive for everyone.

• For one, we all have so many options. Hell, I can get dates with teenagers on tinder.

For two, guys are taught the opposite of how to be attractive dates.

For three, Americans are so fat. Women can be forgiving of fatties sometimes, but for men, fat women are completely unattractive.

• Because you care too much about getting one.

• Some women are too picky

• He is under 18. I go by what I've been my son a His cousin have girls throwing themselves at them

• You did comment on my opinion. I was saying, what I have noticed in that age range

• Oh.. your cousin probably isn't overweight