I don't understand her interest in me? She doesn't reject me... or flirt back?

Cliff notes:
-Met a girl online 2 months ago. We hit it off amazing
-Later on into our "Dating", her severe depression starts acting up, causing her to react extremely strange to little stuff
-She told me she wants to stay single for awhile untill she feels she's stable. She is currently taking meds and getting professional help
-We hung out again recently, and i made a joke about her kissing me. Later that day she tells me she feels uncomfortable and awkward with hanging with me because of my feelings, because "she wants to stay single and not develop feelings right now"

HOWEVER
-Whenever i talk to her about something, that suggests me and her dating, she doesn't reject me or say anything. For example:
"Does it bother you I dont have tattoos? i know you like guys with tattoos"
"Well dont worry about them, you got me now"
"I just want you to know ill wait on you till you're ready, unless you tell me to move on"

Again, she either changes topic, or doesn't reply when i say the above. So basically she doesn't reject me, but doesn't flirt back either.

I would like opinions on what to do. Thank you

• move on
  • keep talking to her

Most Helpful Girl

• She's rejecting you. No sane girl who is genuinely interested in a guy is going to tell him "I want to stay single and not develop feelings right now". I mean, would you tell this to a girl who you have feelings for? That is the exact opposite of what someone will do when they like you. Your friends are a bit wrong on this I'm afraid. If she was scared of her feelings then she would have made this very clear to you in the fear of losing you. But yet she didn't and chose her words differently implying she doesn't really have any fear of potentially losing you.

• what are you talking about? not choosing her words correctly to not lose me? lol

oh and another thing... you said "no sane girl"... did you even read the question? she's NOT STABLE AND can't DATE ANYONE right now.

• By the way this just happened today. Me and her were texting and i was like "You know, the non depressed you is a totally different person. thats the girl i wanna date" and she goes "Why?" and i describe why she's so perfect to me, and that was the end of that conversation.

im not sure how to take it. as you can see, she didn't reject me or anything there, but she didn't exactly flirt back

• Well honestly you've made your mind up then.. you answered your own question... you ask us if she's rejecting you and now you say "she didn't reject me or anything " ..

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think it's a matter of rejecting you or not, it sounds like she might be interested in you, but the most important thing for her right now is getting back on track. My suggestion is just be there for her as a friend, take out all the romantic elements. There is a chance you may never get together, and you have to be okay with that, you need to actually be content being her friend now. Eventually something more may happen but she's not in a place to make that commitment to you. Respect it, and if you feel like you can be there as a friend, do it, it sounds like she needs the support. Good luck!

• To be safe, I'd probably send her another text applogizing if what you said came off as insensitive. Tell her you think she's an amazing girl, depression or not, you just want her see her happy again. (Will get you major bonus points!)

• Well she went along with the conversation so to speak, the conversation flowed and we eventually changed topics. Does that make sense? She didn't give rude or short answers or anything haha. and she didn't say thank you. after that convo i immediately texted "haha you should come over to my house" and she said "maybe" (but she gives me a lot of maybes but hardly does anything, although she did tell me she's socially awkward)

• This is dragging out and taking too long. I think you should put her in the back of your mind and focus on another girl.

• can you just answer the question, please, based on everything you know?

• She doesn't reject you because she likes having you around and thinks you're cool. If a girl thinks a guy is a cool person and enjoys his company, she'll let his little comments slide

• i thought about this too... but she DID 100% like me in the beginning and wanted a long term thing. she just doesn't want to right now due to her emotional problems. so.. what do i do?

• Could you answer this too? thank you. im frustrated at her being flaky but I don't know if im just inpatient or what www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1065806-am-i-just-her-texting-buddy-should-i-ask-how-what-do-i-do

• You're welcome :)
      Yes, ill answer that too.

• Hiii! Well being honest i think she does not want her feelings hurt! I think she wants to stay single obviously, she basically said she wants to so she does. I think maybe you should like stop texting her then wait if she gives you attention! Actually no! That was the worst answer i could give! Being completely honest, if someone stops texting me i will wait for them to chase me! But seriously i think she may like someone else and not want to tell you or she just wants to be single.

• what tells you she likes someone else?

and duh she wants to be single... she said that. so what do i do?

• well maybe she doesn't want to loose you as a friend! Because trust me this happens a lot, the girl will tell the guy how she feels then Boom it gets all awkward and they end up stop talking if the girl or boy does not feel the same?

• You should ask her if you're her texting buddy, and if she still says she wants to be single, then stop suffering, and tell her the truth about how you feel.. the truth is always the best.

• what do you think tho? is she interested? or just neutral? or not interested?

• its a guy friend, but again, theyve been friends for 5 years lol. still, its the fact she goes to a friends house

• Yes I can see why it bothers you.. You should just ask her. That's the only way to know.

• Doesn't sound like she's ready for dating.

What Guys Said 4

• Dude, she is not interested in you but women love the attention. She will eat up the attention and leave you out in the cold. If she really does have issues like she is professing then you should run because it will only lead to some real issues down the road. What I'm reading leads me to believe that she is using as an excuse to string you along. She says she doesn't want a relationship, the best thing you can do with a girl like that is simply give her what she wants. No relationship, she will either regret her lack of reciprocation or move on. Either way you win, if she regrets it she will initiate again. If she moves on she would have hurt you. Seriously protect yourself and cut strings.

• its not an excuse... its real

• Then you need to move on. Women have enough emotional baggage as it is. god created them to be driven by their emotions, one with extreme emotional issues is really going to hurt you. Trust me, I'm talking from experience. You will be better to be alone for a decade than subject yourself to the abuse of an emotionally unstable woman...

• She may be telling you the truth! If so, appreciate her honesty and see it for what it really is! If not, you'll find out eventually!

• she is telling the truth

does that mean she's not rejecting me?

• i dont understand that tho.. ok so she's not stable. thats her opinion. i wouldn mind dating her now. why can't me and her date now?

• Some people need more time then others! You might be ready to start a relationship, but she simply may not. Be patient with her; i'm sure she's worth the wait!

• Dude she seriously like u but u have to confident her that u will nit leave her never and she ia mentally depressed so u have to w8 coz her ming had made decision of not being in a relationship so stay calm be casual and she will be your after 2-3 weeks ;)

• She's not into you dude and these are just excuses to get you go back off and leave her alone.