I am a 72 year old widowed man. How do I find a lady to take to dinner?

I am widowed man, 72 years old. I would like to find a woman to take to the movies or to dinner. What is the best way to find such a women?

Most Helpful Girl

• There is a website called Meet Up where you can meet people to befriend. I prefer this website to dating sites because dating sites are too "immediate" - and most are not too concerned with companionship or building up mutual respect and rapport. I guess a church or country club would also be a good place to meet woman. Maybe see if you can find some friends who live in a seniors home and see if you can become friends with the people there unless you live in one yourself. I hope I gave good advice but I don't know the answer to this question. Another good place to meet people might be a community centre - if you go to a community centre and take some tai chi / racquet ball / stretching classes and socialize with others. If you are retired - try going to the library and reading a newspaper in the waiting section and see if you can chat up any of the locals there.

What Girls Said 6

• As cliche as it might sound, there are events for singles over a certain age. And there are dating websites specifically for people in your situation. I find I always wind up meeting and talking with the sweetest people at the library. Best of luck (:

• Put yourself out there more.
    Go to bingo night, they even have special events at the senior center, church, park,
    library etc.

• It's so sad to hear when the elderly have had a spouse that passed away :( Sorry for your loss.

-maybe you could visit a nursing/retirement home
    - Any of these dating websites consumer-rankings.com/.../
    - libraries
    - Dance classes if you are still physically able

• Social clubs, church, hobby group, book club, gardening club, movie club, anything that requires you to be out and about with a group of people. Lots of communities have day trips for seniors to casinos, an attraction, park etc... I think there is an online dating community for seniors ( over 55 ). You can google the name I think it's called senior singles? Good luck! :)

• Church. Hands down. especially of your generation. If you are not a gung-ho Christian or Jew or Muslim, try a more inclusive, non-denominational church such as Unitarian or Unity. Good luck.

• online dating and im really sorry for your loss

What Guys Said 3

• well your on the internet? so why not give online dating a try? I guess your never too old and is other singles out there your age looking to date. or try local social functions / events that might be an option , places where people socialise and chat. I'm sure there is other singles out there , is actually more older single women than men so I'd assume there is many options once you find them

• Maybe put an advertisment in an ad for companionship or dating/friendship depending on what your intensions are. Join a club of some sort or local commitee, go to an event? Try the internet. There must be other women in a similar situation, in that they've lost a husband or ladies who are single for another reason. Good luck

• Craigslist should help.