How long should courtship last?

I'm European and around here, we do not have a courtship phase that is typical for American dating. Pretty much everything from paying for dates to gift giving is in turns and pretty balanced. If you're a guy and you try to always pay for dates, most women won't let you, heh! Most people around here see this balanced approach as positive, but I don't really, I always wanted to 'court' a girl and treat her like a lady.

Anyway, 4 months ago, I met an amazing American girl and we both felt mutual attraction from the get go. We've been dating since then, and I took this opportunity to court her 'the American way.'

I'm happily paying for EVERYTHING, as a gentleman is supposed to do. I've never let her pay. I'm always opening doors for her and helping her into her jacket. I'm showering her with gifts. I spoil her and treat her like a princess and she enjoys it a lot. And to be honest, I'm loving it. It's so much more fun than what I'm used to.

I would like to continue this for at least another 6-12 months, but I don't want her to think I'm weird for doing so. As I understand it, courtship is the precursor to a relationship, and if we're stuck in courtship for too long, I don't want her to think I'm not interested in a long-term relationship.

So, this question is especially for the American girls:

How long should the courtship phase last?

Is it something you enjoy a lot or do you rather prefer a more egalitarian approach to dating where you're taking turns and share the costs equally?

Would you feel weird if the guy wants to continue to court you and treat you like a special lady much in the way I described?

Thank you!

What Girls Said 2

• All depends how you both feel. Idc. Of you wanna pay just know I work, and im. not with you for yourself money or. gifts. i am here. because i like you. You should. Make sure she isn't going into a relationship for your Money too. She can use be a user. But of you feel. ljke she isn't like that and is in it for You. Then go ahead. Or just simply talk to her. Communication is the best thing ever. And it will. fix everything in a matter of seconds

• I think their is no "right" time you can court a women. You will know when you are ready to take it to the next step. And if she really likes/loves you she won't mind the wait. Don't rush it. It should come naturally.

What Guys Said 0