Do you ever like someone of another race and worry that they want someone of their own race?

I know it sounds stupid. I'm white (which is supposedly the race most people don't mind dating) and I like a guy who is Asian.
I've liked a Hispanic guy before too.
Do you have this concern? That they wanna be with someone of their race?

Sorry if this came off as racist?
Obviously if I believed whites were the most attractive race I would A) not like an Asian B) not be aware that nonwhites want members of their own race

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup, but I think the best quote I saw from a guy was this " Really? I hadn't noticed, but then again all bitches want me."

What Guys Said 18

• I had a girl leave me for a guy of her own race; he also happened to be the guy her parents wanted her to marry. I dated another nonwhite girl who also ultimately wound up marrying in her own race. Their cultural/racial background was important to them, and while I can and did try my best to be understanding, supportive, and participatory, I will still always be a suburban white dude.

So yeah, I think if I ever wind up dating interracially again that possibility has to exist somewhere in my mind.

• It has never crossed my mind. I notice with White girls that they have this self-entitlement complex whereby because the media says they are the most attractive race of women in the World all white girls think that men of all races should pick them over anyone else and this seems to be displayed in your question.

• Clearly I don't think that if I'm worried a nonwhite guy would prefer a nonwhite girl over me.

• Just because others might silently agree doesn't mean you're right lol

• If I was truly arrogant I would fail to realize that I'm not the best option...

• Early on, Luther tends to corral us into these niches. It's just social programming that creates these insecurities in us. You could stand to learn one thing fast, you're the only one that will get in the way of your happiness. Disregard the racial lines and enjoy your dating life the way you like.

• Yeah sometimes. I mean I guess initially if a girl is of another race I may think she wants a romantic/sexual partner that is that race. However, if she shows interest in me then I don't worry about it.

• I get that feeling all the time! But its nothing to worry about!

• I've been with several women outside my race, and it never really crossed my mind that they might reject me based on that aspect alone. I always just assumed that if they'd done so, it's be because of ME and who I am. :-)

• I've never had this concern. If that aren't interested I'm not worried. I'm not concerned with rejection in general.

• I dont mind if u like meh. I get wif any races i can.

• Yes i used to but not anymore.

Don't worry too much, I'm sure many Asian males are into white women. I'm one of them.

• I'm an Asian guy who likes white girls but I feel like they prefer white guys... what a coincidence.

• Hairy dumpling? May I ask?
      But lol I think Asian guys are cute

• Haha mkayy

• I like dis pick up line LOL

• No It won't matter to me hee nature matters the most but u r kimd of racist

• I do, people always have preference of people they like, and sometimes race is a part of it. I'm half Filipino and half Caucasian, but I always like White girls and some German ones it seems, so yeah of course I worry! But not too much

• I like white girls so yeah haha.

• Ah White girls wanna date us asians?

• There's not much to consider. Statistics show non-Blacks don't typically date Blacks. But when I'm out I'm usually just doing my job / not paying attention to other stuff.

• Im a pure Asian Blood. Liking Another Race? Sure why Not.. hmmm lets see...

• I once fell in love with a lovely bovine
    I bought her expensive wine and cocaine
    she got real fat so I hit her with a bat

• Adios, my good man.

• No but I have liked one race (sheep mostly) and the other race was related to the other race's race's cousin's best friend and he had a very bad ulcer. Look this thing was like a hockey puck stuck inside a gerbil if you know what I mean. Well anyway they all went home because they won the game and no one got angry about the whole thing. I suggest leaving well enough alone and make a ham sandwich.

• My mom is a white Hispanic, so there goes that one, heh! I date/are attracted to people of my own race, whether they have olive skin and tan a lot or not.

What Girls Said 4

• I have wondered that, but in my experience, it hasn't been a problem. I've been hit on by Asian, black, white, and Mexican guys. If it matters, I look white and am of mixed European and Hispanic heritage. Anyway, I think if a guy thinks a girl is pretty, he sees her as pretty regardless of what color she is. But I'm sure there are some people who would only want to date someone of their own race. It all depends on the person and what type they prefer.

• All the time, I'm mixed and kinda a rare mix so technically everyone I like is out of my race but yes I tend to like guys that aren't either of my races and I always wonder this.

• can it be a fictional race