What does a kiss on the forehead mean?

My ex he would always kiss me on my lips and after on my forehead before he would leave. And one time he asked me if I knew what a kiss on the forehead meant and I told him I didn't know then he told me to find out that all he could tell me is that am special to him cause am the only one he does that to. And right now were just friends and he still does it,i want you guys to tell me your meaning of a forehead kiss?

Most Helpful Guy

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlLDR0SAGms

A kiss on the lips before he leaves is something that is almost second nature now to any couple. A kiss on the forehead means that there's something more in that relationship. He wants to be there for you even if you guys are just friends. Its unfortunate that you guys broke up, but this guy seems like he truly cares about you. I'm guessing he doesn't do this to all of his other female friends, so you'll probably still mean that much more to him than everyone else.

• Wow it is kinda true thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• It means he REALLY cares about you. When guys kiss me on the forehead, I like it more than anywhere else because it means a lot more. It is like. A kiss in the rain.

Many guys hate showing that kind of affection. But when they do; its just really cute.

So he cares about you, and likes you a lot regardless of anything like a break-up!

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 18

• It means we really APPRECIATE you aside from sex...it's a real compliment. I hope it happens to you many times!

• A forehead kiss is a high form of adoration. It means that the guy doesn't only like/love you but also adores you, feels responsible for you in a way that is beyond mere sexual or mental desire. It is selfless. I hope this guy is genuine and isn't abusing this symbol of extreme affection.

~ wiseman

• I agree 100%

• Totally brought me to tears 😪 I sure hope this is my case, well said wiseman1

• 26d

@heyu956 hi the same thing happen to me he always kisses me on my forehead bt he said he can't remember what it means bt I promise I like it, it makes me feel so good ND wanted ND he cares more for me.

• That would be "Hey I can't have you. And you can't have me! " so lets stay friends. Mostly close friends or even friends in general do that kiss.

• As the others said, I won't kiss any girl on the forehead unless I truly care for her and want to look out for her.

Kissing a girl on the forehead is akin to the love and support one would get from a parent. If you think about it, I think it even has its origins in this as many parents would kiss their (small) kids good night or when they are heading out on the forehead.

• A kiss on the forehead I would say that he deeply cares about you. That he protects you and feels as if your really special. I think its a sign that he is showing you that he would be there for you when you need him.

More from Guys
13

What Girls Said 22

• What about when a guy friend kisses you on the cheek? What does THAT mean? I have a girlfriend of mine, and her guy friend will usually give her a hug, and gives her a peck on the cheek. Does that mean that he's secretly into her? Or does he love her more like a friend?

• My boyfriend always does this and I love it. I'm his first serious relationship and he's mine too but I've had a few sorta serious relationships and nobody ever kissed me on my head before, just on the lips but me and my boyfriend were laying together and he kissed my forehead, cheek, and then he took my hand and laid it across him and then picked it up and kissed it like in a sorta sequence and it was so cute! Now he kisses my cheek a lot and he'll take my hand and kiss it or when we leave and have a moment alone, he's a lot taller than me to just to add haha, he'll take my face in his hand and kiss my forehead then he'll kiss my lips and say "I love you" ❤️
    I love him haha and like I said this is his first serious relationship and it's both of our first times ever saying "I love you" to our significant others and it's my first time being regularly kissed on the forehead by a guy so I think it's a first love/I really care about you type of thing. :)

• This is really what it means! (Forever you will be mine). And it's true I'm not kidding!

• I have no doubt that that is true - but I am just wondering what drew you to such a consice definition? Was it past experience? Thanks =)

• a kiss on the forehead is adorable. its is a sign of care and love

• I believe kiss on the forehead means they respect you and love you in the deepest way possible and I beloved it s of aceptance

More from Girls
17