• Ask
  • myTake

What does a kiss on the forehead mean?

My ex he would always kiss me on my lips and after on my forehead before he would leave. And one time he asked me if I knew what a kiss on the forehead meant and I told him I didn't know then he told me to find out that all he could tell me is that am special to him cause am the only one he does that to. And right now were just friends and he still does it,i want you guys to tell me your meaning of a forehead kiss?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Experts Said

Most Helpful Opinion

• A kiss on the lips before he leaves is something that is almost second nature now to any couple. A kiss on the forehead means that there's something more in that relationship. He wants to be there for you even if you guys are just friends. Its unfortunate that you guys broke up, but this guy seems like he truly cares about you. I'm guessing he doesn't do this to all of his other female friends, so you'll probably still mean that much more to him than everyone else.

• Wow it is kinda true thanks

What Guys Said 14

• It means we really APPRECIATE you aside from sex...it's a real compliment. I hope it happens to you many times!

• A forehead kiss is a high form of adoration. It means that the guy doesn't only like/love you but also adores you, feels responsible for you in a way that is beyond mere sexual or mental desire. It is selfless. I hope this guy is genuine and isn't abusing this symbol of extreme affection. ~ wiseman

• I agree 100%

• The guy I've started seeing did that the other night, he kissed me on the lips then on my forehead before he left, so this is a good sign?

• A kiss on the forehead I would say that he deeply cares about you. That he protects you and feels as if your really special. I think its a sign that he is showing you that he would be there for you when you need him.

• As the others said, I won't kiss any girl on the forehead unless I truly care for her and want to look out for her. Kissing a girl on the forehead is akin to the love and support one would get from a parent. If you think about it, I think it even has its origins in this as many parents would kiss their (small) kids good night or when they are heading out on the forehead.

• Don't listen to the video they are wrong. To kiss someone on the forehead is to say you love them. Were as a kiss on the lips mean you want to get in there pants. But when I say Love I don't mean Romantic Love, but True Love, like the love of a Parent to a child, or a child to a parent, like the love between siblings, and yes the love a significant other. I this type of love is the strongest kind of love, because I has no end, and to kiss someone on their forehead you are kissing them on the third eye chakra which is the gateway to the soul.

• I kissed a girl on the hand once.. not like take a knee, pull their hand up and kiss it kind of Romeo and Juliet stuff, just sitting chatting, then just did it. She seemed really happy I did it though? She kind of giggled and said "Aww thanks :D" So I don't know, maybe it has similar meaning to a forehead kiss..

• That would be "Hey I can't have you. And you can't have me! " so lets stay friends. Mostly close friends or even friends in general do that kiss.

• In my culture a kiss on the forehead means ''you are my honour'' at a wedding when the groom is told to kiss the bride it is always on the forehead.We believe in death before dishonour so this means more than saying ''I love you'' .

• What culture are you from. I'm interested to know because I am dating a Japanese guy and he kisses me on the forehead and I am wondering if it translates the same way in different cultures.

• R you from Japan originally? I am not but I kinda wish I was hence my username (egg=Euro outside Asian inside) I love Japanese culture and am wondering if the honour thing still goes on there?

• Well it is exactly what he said it is, which is you are "special"...I've only done this with 2 women before and that's because they meant a lot to me and cause they are special to me.

• Man, you probably are the love of his life. There was one girl that I have only done little things like that with. Pretty cool.

• It means that she doesn't only love you. It means that you're the most important person for him, that you are part of his happiness (if not his happiness itself ) It means that god only knows the way he feels about you. That he has always loved you, that he loves you and that he will always love you. That he will always be there for you no matter what you say or do. That he will always forgive you :'(I'm telling you this because in my 30 years I've only kissed "one girl" in the forehead a girl , a girl that I don't only love, a special someone I'll never forget.So yeah consider yourself fortunate, For some of us kissing a girl in the forehead is the ultimate act of passion.Please forgive me ! I'll never forget you Ashley :'( !

• Agree 100% I have done that only once as well and can say it's not something I do lightly. I can kiss cousins on the forehead but a loving passionate kiss there is exactly what he said.A non verbal affirmation that you are the most important person in the world right now and a gift he only wishes he deserved. Take it as an extreme compliment, if it is done in the context of more kissing on the lips it is high praise.

• Show Older
    • Aww I just teared up :'(

• Omg I've just nearly cried!I hope she forgave you!

• lol I did that once, to the first woman I loved. unfortunately, it was at a time where we became friends after we split. It was my way of saying she's still a special part of my life w/o actually saying it you feel me?

• if I were to kiss a girl on the forehead it would mean I really love her, and she means everything to me. a kiss on the lips to me is a bit more dirty and shows slight sexual innuendo, I wouldn't necessarily kiss a girl on the lips - if I were married to the girl then I would kiss on the lip - a lot. I guess to me, the kiss on the forehead is more of a kiss that says I really really love you, and I totally respect you and your position in this relationship.

• Maybe you should replace Matt. You had a lot better of an answer than he did. That's what I mean by a kiss on the forehead...

• I know, right...!!?!

• i agree with you 100% .Today my boyfriend and I got into this big argument about this...he said its stupid to think of a forehead kiss having so much meaning...when he kissed me on my forehead last year..I was like WOW..he really loves me...and I asked him "do you find its special?"..he replied " no, I can't remember how much girls I kissed there.". I was so devastated, I just started to cry. I thought I was the only one!..he kisses hs normal friends there. what do I do?

• As a boy, my grandmother would kiss me on the forehead whenever I visited her. My father told me it was a blessing.

What Girls Said 12

• a kiss on the forehead is adorable. its is a sign of care and love

• What about when a guy friend kisses you on the cheek? What does THAT mean? I have a girlfriend of mine, and her guy friend will usually give her a hug, and gives her a peck on the cheek. Does that mean that he's secretly into her? Or does he love her more like a friend?

• It means he REALLY cares about you. When guys kiss me on the forehead, I like it more than anywhere else because it means a lot more. It is like. A kiss in the rain. Many guys hate showing that kind of affection. But when they do; its just really cute. So he cares about you, and likes you a lot regardless of anything like a break-up!

• it means he loves you forever :) that's the true meaning of it...

• I have a different situation, I have been dating someone for over a year and he kisses me on the forehead occasionally he obviously kisses me on the lips as well so I know Matt and Tamsen are incorrect about it meaning that the do not want anything more than friendship. I believe a kiss on the forehead means that they love you, respect you and care deeply about you and yes they want to protect you (btw good thing!). Its a good thing and I feel special when I receive one!

• Yes you are right and they are way wrong.

• I should say that he's really care about you a lot, that he'll always be there for you.protecting, support, love and respect

• 36d

My fiance has always done this to me. Granted he is 2' taller than me, but I asked him myself why he hardly ever kisses me on the lips and always on the forehead. He said, when a man kisses a woman on the forehead it is a term of endearment. It means she means more to him than just a roll in the sack and that he truly cherishes her. I used to always get mad that he never kissed me on the lips but when he explained it to me (and of course I asked others) I didn't mind it so much anymore. I miss those forehead kisses now and would give anything to get one.

• The forehead kiss is usually whipped out when the guy feels as comfortable around you as you feel and he wants you to know how much he cares about you without words. It's the kiss that means he loves you. The kiss that lets you know he's got your back. The kiss that separates the "I love you" from the "I'm in love with you."

• I think a kiss on the forehead is the cutuest thing in the world! There is this guy friend of mine that always said I was like a little sister to him so we could never date. But we had feelings for each other but he would NEVER try anthing on me. Well he kissed me on the forehead one night and it was so awesome. So I think it means they really care about you and think about you a lot and will be your protector.

• This is really what it means! (Forever you will be mine). And it's true I'm not kidding!

• I have no doubt that that is true - but I am just wondering what drew you to such a consice definition? Was it past experience? Thanks =)

• Well My ex use to do the samething, but I think it is a meaning of still caring for you no matter what he will always be there for you and he will always have feelings too. you are just so special to him

• If someone kisses you on the forehead it means he loves you and you are extremely special to him. Kissing your cousins on the forehead is just something family members do. But I think that if someone kisses someone and means it in a different way they should tell that person, because you don't want that person to get the wrong idea. That person could ultimately fall in love with you and you wouldn't feel the same way about them. So do it, but tell them how you feel either before or after.