Who has it worse unattractive girls or unattractive guys?

Just as the title says who do you think has it worse when being able to find a partner? Personally I think unattractive girls have it worse b/c us guys are more visual and are more unlikely to give a girl a chance if were not attracted to her. For guys however theirs several ways to get woman even if your ugly - fame, money, being nice, intelligence, or quite simply just really good at talking game. It seems girls are more likely to give you a chance even if your ugly. Or theirs more ways for us guys to woo a girl even if were unattractive. Who do you think has it harder?

• Unattractive girl
  • Unattractive guy
Its funny how girls are all voting for unattractive girls. Still I don't think I will be able to have a BA since both sides bring up good points!
Just look at the poll! hahaha

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm going with unattractive girl because while guys feel they can still get dates, they ultimately will only be hookups that don't go anywhere.

The reason I say unattractive guys have it easier is because they can still use money to get a girl. If you take two ugly rich people side by side. Guys still will not date a rich unattractive girl but many girls will easily go for a rich guy even if he's ugly.

What Girls Said 15

• Hmm good question, but I am leaning just a little bit towards the girls, mainly because a girl can get far more insecure than a guy and even take insults more personally.
    And unattractive girls are more willing to give a chance to an unattractive guy. I am overweight and used to have a huuuge crush on a chubby guy , I crushed on him for like 3 years and he rejected me telling me I am fat. (Weighted like 130 pounds back then).
    But.. at the same time there are plenty unattractive girls that find relationships and get attention from guys if they have enough confidence, unlike those guys who have a harder time getting a girl to like them.
    So I would say it's close to a tie, but leaning towards girls since they deal a lot worse with insecurity and insults that are hard to pass by without getting hurt. I've seen guys make fun of each other's looks all the time and they shrug it off easier. That doesn't mean they're like stones though. Everyone has feeling.

• Well put, Lauren. 130 pounds isn't fat. Perhaps a bit overweight, but not fat.

• I know it's a bit overweight (although at 5'4 it's normal) but thank you :)

• I would say an unattractive guy because they can't really do much to make themselves more attractive. Meanwhile girls can do their makeup and hair and try to make themselves more attractive.

• ha that's true. I've seen girls go from 3's to 8's with makeup.:O I guess us guys are screwed huh?

• Makeup on an unattractive woman doesn't seem to really make her more attractive in most cases. In fact, I've noticed makeup on an unattractive woman can make her look worse. Men can make up for their lack of good looks through charisma, power, and wealth. Granted, makeup is much easier to obtain than charisma, power, and wealth.

• Unattractive girls. We live in a world where women are f'ing objectified 24/7. Now that I think of it it's a curse to be attractive too because no one takes you seriously. It's best to probably just be in the middle...

• I hesitate to call it a curse, although I see what you are saying. Many attractive women I know are taken seriously. Many think that the perks offset the curse.

• I think an "unattractive" girl because girls in general have more standards and are more sensitive about others opinions.

• Unattractive girls. Unattractive guys can increase their value by becoming earners and whatnot...

• Unattractive boys are more likely to be funny and outgoing.

Unattractive girls are more likely to be shy and withdrawn.

• Unattractive guys and girls... No diff.

• This is a debate I've been having with my friend literally for decades. Why do you think ultimately it's the same? There's a side of me that believes you're right, though my friend has kind of persuaded me towards his camp.

• Interesting. Do you mind if I message you?

• Unattractive girls for sure. Guys are extremely shallow and are unlikely to date an unattractive girl.

• Unattractive girls, there is nothing she can do so I feel sorry (er) for unattractive girls

• I personally can't be with someone who isn't attractive... but it always depends!

• It's hard for me to decide. I'd say it's about equal.
    Unattractive girls: we are expected to be beautiful and have some pretty high standards to live up to. Unattractive girls have to put in a lot of effort (hair, makeup, clothes, health, etc.) to look decent and be able to attract guys.
    Unattractive guys: if they don't have something else going for them (really funny, athletic, or talented) then they're gonna have a tough time with the ladies.

• Unattractive guys because though the girls are unattractive they have breasts which are always hot.

• Unattractive guys because men are always looking for sex and I have seen plenty of unattractive girls in relationships with men I would consider attractive. Also unattractive men can be assholes too. It is assumed for some reason that attractive guys are assholes but I dated guys who Now that I think about it I would consider unattractive that treated me bad
    If you are a girl that is looking for personality and books if unattractive guy is neither one and he loses

• Unattractive girls
    There are more cons to those

An ugly man can have money, power or game

Then again I see a lot of ugly chicks with boyfriends.

What Guys Said 18

• 1. I agree with what @Stefunny_ says to begin with
    2. Girls often tend to find themselves unattractive on various points most time cause it's something inbuilt in them and also cause nature has made us in such a way that attraction from male to female is visual and physical while the other way round is more emotional / romantic type of stuff
    3. Hence, guys who are unattractive can beget women if they suit the other points that the woman is looking for - even sexually
    4. But again girls have various ways to make themselves attractive like make up, surgeries etc
    5. A man looks for physical aspects in a woman while a woman looks at more than that thus he can make up for it with more than just looks
    6. I'd say finally that everything depends on luck and attitude while both have equal chances ;)

• I go back and forth over just how much more "a woman looks at more." By the way, I recall hearing a poll done about attractiveness in men and women. Women between the ages of 18 to 30 in the poll rated dancing ability higher than appearance and wealth to attract them.

• Well, it's hard for both. There've been studies done that show that people make all kinds of assumptions about character and personality based on looks. Unattractive people are more likely to be seen as less trustworthy, less intelligent, less ambitious, and so on. Juries are more likely to hand a guilty verdict to unattractive people. Employers are less likely to hire unattractive people.

That being said, I tend to think unattractive women have it harder than unattractive men, at least insofar as the dating scene is concerned. Women do seem to be attracted to a wider variety of things in a man than the other way around. I suppose an unattractive man can make up for it by increasing his wealth and status. He might make up for it with charisma. While men appreciate a woman who has wealth, status, or charisma, they aren't necessarily attracted to her for those things.

• While I would strike 'being nice' from your list (it helps men and women stay in relationships, but not get into them for the most part), I basically agree. Women care about more things then men, and men can therefore cover up weaknesses in one area more than women can.

• I tend to agree. On the other hand, there is an entire industry which earns more money than NASA receives from Congress to help women look better. That industry is absent from men. There's gyms, of course, but those are for both men and women and they require months or ever years to see the effects. I tend to question just how much "more things" women look into than men. Although I agree they seem to examine more facets, but to me it seems not much more.

• on the one hand guys are more visual so A might appear logical but on the other hand, guys mostly only want to have sex anyways and the ones who are after something serious will not be so superficial. so ugly girls have it better, because it´s more likely that they are liked for personality.

as a male on the other hand being ugly is really bad. since most of us guys just want to have sex... if you´re ugly, you don´t get to have sex. and even if you are looking for something serious it´s hard, because girls presume that you only want sex so there is no advantage.

• The girls... there's a reason why 100's of millions of dollors in sales are raked in each year for cosmetic products... because most women feel like theyre nessecary... how many guys do you know that worry about their facial appearance enough paint over it?

• Like you said, unattractive guys can get girls by being rich. Look at Rosie Huntington-Whitley's husband. I don't think he looks bad, but a lot of girls do.
    If a girl is unattractive, she has no chance. She can put on makeup, but that won't make an ugly girl hot. It will make her average at best, and guys don't go for average girls. Generally, you have to be naturally hot in order to get guys.

• Girls that are unattractive have to deal with far more insecurity. However they can still find relationships easier than an unattractive male. Sexual frustration will be higher for the unattractive male.

I would say neither is worse or better off then the other.

• Whatever people say, it is in reality unattractive guys. Let me explain why.

Women, irregardless of their looks, can find someone who wants to fuck them. Even a shallow guy will fuck a fat girl if it's just straight up offered.

A fat dude has to try so hard to get sex. Fat girls can get it pretty easily. Especially if they search for older men.

• Ugly girls, as ugly guys what they lack in looks they can make up for it in other areas, like personality, money or job position.

• Unattractive girls. Men tend to be quite visual and motivated by sex, whereas women can be persuaded with personality. It's a lot more common to see unattractive men with hot girlfriends then a unattractive female with a hot boyfriend.

• Guys because girls have makeup

• LOL Unattractive girls have it worse really? Where? I've see unattractive girls all the time with BF's but never the other way around.

• Maybe its due to where we live? I actually seen more of the opposite where Im at you see the ugliest guys you can imagine with some fairly good looking girls lol.

• True I guess. I've been told I'm not ugly but if I were to approach get rejected and laughed at.

• I've seen unattractive men with wives and girlfriends. I live in L. A.

• Unattractive guy, even unattractive girls have some guys interested in them

• unattractive girl have makeup, padded bra, high heels to change things around

unattractive guys - luck

• I think unattractive guys have it worse. Most women are realistic with their expectations. Guys tend to aim higher than they realistically should. I also believe an unattractive woman has good chances if she looks for guys either similar or maybe slightly better than them. Guys should look for similar or a step below for best chances.

• I see many women with unrealistic expectations but they're very misguided in what'll make them happy. I see plenty of girls online with huge "shopping lists" of what a guy must have for her to even consider a date with her. These range from anything to the car they drive to the degree and jobs they have and even the haircut the guy must have.

• Interesting. There are more "Beauty and the Beast" stories than there are "Handsome and the Beast" stories.

• In the 21st century I'd say unattractive guys. With guys it is either you are really attractive or really unattractive. Women tend to be in the middle. With more and more equality we want the same things from each other. The era of ugly but good personality men winning is coming to a close. Unattractive girls can completely change how they look with make up

Attractive man>Attractive Woman> Average woman> Average man> Unattractive woman> unattractive man

• Well, I don't know if the "era of ugly but good personality" is coming to a close (or if it ever really existed), but the end of the era of ugly but wealthy, powerful, and charismatic seems nowhere in sight.

• Yeah, wealth will never go out of fasion

• unattractive guys for sure. A ugly girl can still get dates and get laid faster than a ugly guy unless he's filthy rich.

• Ugly girls can get laid faster. Very true. However, women do seem to want something deeper than sex more than men do.

• Unattractive guys have it harder. Those things you mention are sometimes hard to get but it is even harder to get a vagina. Vagina is in demand. Some guys will do anything to get it even if the women is unattractive but some women will pass on money, fame and etc.