Is it okay for young girls to date older guys?

another question led me to wanting to know the general opinion of the GaG community on this subject. so, do you think its okay for older guys to flirt or date with younger girls?

lets give an age gap of 10 years starting at the age of 18.
so an 18 year old girl with an 28 year old guy.

also, is a guy immediately a perv if he hits on a younger girl?

• yes, totally normal
  • yes, but no age gap larger than 10
  • no, only flirting
  • no, not at all, its disgusting

Most Helpful Guy

• If the guy is attracted to her, and she is attracted to him, I don't see any issue, regardless of age. (This not include minors)

What Guys Said 11

• It's really their relationship but I'd avoid those types. I'm 29 now and being with an 18 year old wouldn't work for me because she would not have enough life experience to be with me. A lot of girls think they're very mature but don't realize basic things. When I was dating my last girlfriend years ago there was a bit of a gap, but I think it was like 22 I think. She was so inexperienced with life in general and I couldn't deal with it anymore. Yet she would try to act like she had a lot of experience and even try to tell me how to run my life when she lives at home with her parents and didn't even have a license.

I honestly feel that there's some other reason for the gap. In the case of a guy dating an younger girl I feel that older girls are in it for "something else" just like the guy is. With the guy we just see it as a sex thing. With the girl I feel a lot of them flock to older guys to get out of their parents' houses. I don't really approve personally of these scenarios and see them from time to time.

• I'd say in general, that kind of gap (particularly where she is 18) is often based on lust. Then again, I don't think, deeper 'spiritual' connections are based on age (within reason of course). I'm not attracted to a great deal of people my age, or younger, or older. It's not an age thing. When I do find that odd girl I *really* like, you can bet I don't really give a shit about who I am supposed to date. I've known a girl who was 19, and women in their 40s, I knew I'd have a better relationship with, then just, a 'what is expected' relationship. Because those girls had something intangible and profound about them, warm and open hearted. I think it's not for anyone to judge, and anything who does judge, is probably a hypocrite :) Just be aware, is all I'd say. Both parties should care about the welfare of the other. If the 28 year old gets off on dating a younger girl, and the younger girl the reverse, can we truly say that is taking place?

• I would hope this is normal as most males are attracted to younger females. Most females attracted to older males.

It seems very common for age gaps of 5 years and beyond with married couples. There's a stigma associated with older guy younger girl in many places though.

In my opinion this is both natural and healthy.

• I think is okay, yeah. If it makes both people happy and they care about one another, then why not?

• i think it's okay, option 1 :) as i know on my familly some one with this age different and they are really fine togather :)

• Meh. Everybody's genes tell them different things to do. The only opinion that matters is your own.

• It all depends. The bigger the age gap, the weirder it gets. Also, here, where I live, 15 year olds are not allowed to date 18 year olds, since 16 is the age of consent. Relationships typically involve sex, or some sort of intimate relations, and well, the state says 15 or younger is too young for that with an 18 year old or more

• if your under 18 you can date a guy whos a few years older than you (over the age of consent) but you can't have sexual relations with them cause he can get into trouble for statutory rape even tho your ok with sex but if your over the age of consent than you dont have anything to worry about

• If you are under 18 no, he could go to jail for that, date max to 18.

Once you are 18 date whoever you want, there are no limits except those you set for yourself.
    You can have a rich 50 year old guy or a poor hot 25 year old or anything in between, the choice is yours.

• I once was in the camp that says "anything over 10 years is bad".. but life has made me reconsider this. One day you meet this great person. You are amazed at the chemistry you have. You know in the back of your mind there is a age gap, but it doesn't matter. Then when the ages come up she is younger than you anticipated, and you are older than she anticipated. Do you opt not to even give it a shot because of some numbers?

What Girls Said 10

• If both are over 18 then go for it

• I don't think anything is wrong because they would be legal and that goes for girls and boys. I just don't know why you would want to, what could you have in common.

• Honestly, who gives a flying fuck about age? Love is love and the government can't stop that. Well, physically they can, but they cannot control who loves who. The way society views romance is a twisted version of what it should be, namely two people who love each being together, caring for one another and being intimate. Society has decided that if the age doesn't fit within their set parameters, then OMG the guy is a sicko and the girl is a sl00t!

No. Just no. Fuck off. Love can cross any gap and any boundary set in place. Age has place when it comes to love.

• now, personally i would go for older men, no older than 10years im with my bf of 5 years he's 25 im 21 and we aren't clicking anymore, and he's not mature enough nor does he have his shit together and this is after being with him for 5 years. and i know its coming to an end and im jumping into a new relatioship any meas but i will go for a much older man than him 5+ than me, So yeah we like older men who has their shit together and can treat them like a lady not in a traditional way but a sweet sexy erotic way :)

• For someone your age if they were 10 years older I would think it's disgusting as your under 18. Personally I only think big age gaps are okay after 24; 25 before that the person probably isn't mature enough or well adjusted to date someone 0 or more years older.

• 28 with 18? That's rather strange but do what you want.
    Its a little strange since a lot of people would question, "what could you possibly have in common?"

• Outside of sexual attraction... not much in most cases in my opinion

• Well, older guys tend to be more mature, but i step away from more than a ten year gap.

• depends on how big the age gap is :)

• As long as both feel comfortable with it then go for it!

• I think it's fine. We all have different emotional makeup and needs and wants and personalities. My man is 14 years older than I am. I am really happy with him, more than any other guy I've dated. He's a really good guy and part of what helps is his maturity. However I can see why some people would not like being in a relationship like ours. I am a bit old fashioned so that is why it works for me. Some girls may feel smothered by an older man.

And while some older men are genuine others may just want sex or control. So you have to be careful.