Maybe giving up would be healthy?

I'm a 29 year old male who's only ever had one girlfriend with whom I am no longer with since 2011 with no contact since the day of the break. This goes for sex as well. Since Then I'd kinda sworn off women and really have had no intimate contact since... I've made strides in self improvement since then which is all well and good. Since then i've had only one occasion where I was with a girl and we came very close to sleeping with each other after a few weeks of seeing one another. I feel like she lost interest. It's been driving me crazy. I'd been fine for years, but it's almost like the contact that I had with her caused me to have some kind of reaction and now for some reason I just feel empty. I feel like there's jut this palpable loneliness that grips me and it's not even like i can stop THINKING about it because i almost feel it 'Physically' in my chest. I'd only been seeing this girl for three weeks, but it feels like she was able to undo years of work on my part. Everyone says "If you had fun, it wasn't a waste of time!" But I feel like time would have been better spent to myself. I really can't stand the idea of 'dating', and she just seemed to have something most women don't which is what drew me to her. So after she stated "she wanted to just be best friends". I lost interest. i feel like the age of making "best friends" is gone, and I just feel more alone than usual. I've gotten the whole "Neediness" Lecture but If I was NEEDY I'd be trying for more women than I am. After Numerous failed dating-site attempts, failure to see what exactly I can even gain from a women that would make all the headaches worth it, I feel like maybe I should just give up. Everyone I see seems to have some complaint about the person their with, no matter how deeply invested they are. I feel like the whole concept of dating and getting to know someone is this mundane chore that you have to do over and over and over again until you find the right one that lasts until it collapses

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay here goes. Feel free to completely disregard my opinion, because what the hell do I know?

"The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long."

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."

As much as you may feel like giving up, and how difficult it may be to wait, it'll be even more difficult to deal with the regret that will come later.
    Although, everyone you know may have some complaint about the person they are with, you should ask them if in the long run they regret their decision to settle down with their partner. Typically, at the end of the day despite those little things they might despise, they are grounded with their love for each other.
    We really don't know what tomorrow will be like, as cliche as that sounds it's true. You could give up and inevitably toss away that special girl without realizing it. Some people just find love quicker than others.

What Girls Said 1

• Love your life and live your life. Someone will show up

What Guys Said 2

• MGTOW is certainly a valid option.

That said, you are approaching prime time. Shit doesn't get real until you hit around late 20s. Just walk around and collect girls like a magnet after that.

• go MGTOW. I did.

• Not a bad option. Work on yourself until late 20s.

• if girls start liking him now it's basically for money/sperm. which means he'll be one of the guys getting divorced in ten year time