Feelings for a best friend of 5 years?

How do you tell your best friend of 5 years that you like them? Do you just be honest or supress your feelings and act lIke they are not real?

• tell
  • supress feelings

Most Helpful Girl

• Be 100% sure you are ready to fall through with telling them because if you aren't it might be awkward after. It depends what type of person you are. See, when I told my friends I liked them I was straight up honest. I don't like to sugar coat things and if they liked me back awesome if they didn't okay... on to something else. Now my real friends were the ones I told them I liked them, we talked about it, and things weren't weird afterward and we still hung out and had that strong friendship going on. The guys who just pretended to be my friends were the ones who drifted away. Be cautious and in all honesty if you're ready to take this step just go for it. Remember you have a 50/50 chance here and be ready to deal with the pros and cons.

What Girls Said 1

• Chances are that they think of you only as a friend in which case, you will eventually get over them and hopefully not lose them in the process!

What Guys Said 2

• I would suggest going with "From the first second I saw you I thought you were beautiful, and every moment we have spent together since has only made you more and more amazing. And in the five years we have known each other, there hasn't been a single person I have wanted to be with more than you."

But that's just me.

• If she is beautiful and you are not popular she won't care.