Is my friends daughter interested in dating?

We're the same age ok lol
We never really spoke growing up but her father was always a good guy and we are pretty good friends
I started talking to her and even got her number over the last few months the problem is every time I've asked her to hang out or do something together she says yes and seems excited to do something but in the last minute she flakes... She works a lot and I won't deny that but why would she say yes and then bail she's invited me to dinner and bailed she's we've even gone dancing at a local bar and she'll act real into it then become completely cold later
What's going on?

Most Helpful Girl

• She's bailing, she's not interested

• Even if she's the one inviting?

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe she is conscious of the friendship you have with her dad. Why don't you just ask her straight out, why she is bailing all the time? It will save you time analysing and also understand if she is in fact interested or not.

What Guys Said 1

• I've been in this situation before. I know how tempting it is to try and continue what's going on. If she really liked you and wanted to be with you, she wouldn't be bailing and she wouldn't be cold like that after dancing. When this happens to me, I find that she just really wants attention. Whether its because she isn't getting enough somewhere else, I can't say, but behavior like this almost always means that she only wants you for your attention. Better to just let this one go.

• It's just a pain lol
      One minute she's all into it the next is just well nothing so just blow her off?

• I know your pain. I just abandoned a situation almost exactly like yours. We would hang out and she would be super happy with it but then the next day or sometimes even later that day it would be like she didn't want to be around me. She recently started dating a guy that she was always complaining about. I thought she might want to date me instead, turns out she just wanted me around in case something didn't go her way with him. And she wanted the attention. It just isn't a good situation.

Your situation does sound slightly more hopeful though. I would go with the flow for a while and do your best to limit the attention you give her to see how she reacts. Don't be too excited to give her attention.