How long should you date someone before becoming exclusive?

when is a good amount of time dating someone before becoming exclusive?

he wants to go slow

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no real amount of time that you should wait. The only thing that matters is how you feel. If you don't have any desire to pursue anyone else and only want him in your life, it's time to try and become exclusive. If you would be upset about finding him with another girl, it's time to become exclusive. For some, that's after the first few dates. For others it's the first time you have sex. It just depends. Listen to how you feel and you won't go wrong.

• he wants to go slow

• i just dont want to push a relatinship to be exclusive if its not what he wants just yet

• You gotta keep an eye out for what you want too. I'm not saying to push the matter, but let him know how you feel about it. You don't have to demand anything of him, just let him know that you would be perfectly fine with things staying just they way they are while being exclusive. That can mean the world to some guys.

What Guys Said 4

• After you have a DTR talk, which can only happen when you are both ready to have it. If he wants to take it slow, you need to give him time and space. But be prepared if he's not interested in a long term or exclusive relationship. Saying he wants to take it slow could just be an excuse for him to stay with you while still playing the field.

• he thinks right now we have no choice for at least next couple months to take things slow

• 3 months.
    2 years, marriage or smash everything then move out.

Skip this anonymous stuff. women and guys need to be able to read your other posts.

• This is why I love the show Scrubs, I get to do stuff like this:

“Who the hell cares what anybody else thinks? Just look into your heart and do whatever the hell makes you happy.”— Dr. Kelso

• he wants to take things slow. whats that mean?

• People will always find time for what matters to them, but it does sound like he is making an active effort to spend time with you. He is correct to assume that moving at a fast or even normal pace when both people are highly busy would put too much strain on a new relationship.

From the sounds of things, the guy cares enough to want to do things right, and for all you know he is wanting to go slow because he plans to be with you for a long time and doesn't see a reason to rush.

• he even mentioned maybe doing a hockey game around the start of the season

• Each case could be different but I suggest a wait of no longer than 12 years.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it all depends on you and the guy. It can be after the first week or not for a few months, the only thing that matters is how comfortable you guys are with each other and if both of you are ready for a relationship or not.

• he wants to go slow. whats that mean? we been seeing each other 3months

• Lol I don't know if there's a way to actually do it, it's just kind of a go with the flow kind of thing.

• i really like him alot. we only know each other 3 months

• It depends on your relationship. My best friend and her boyfriend became exclusive after the second date, and since then they have 4 years together.

• It depends on your relationship. For my bf and I, we were exclusive after the first date