WHITE GUYS... how come when you date a black women?

she's darkskin? Its only a white guy with a dark women. I'm lightskin btw, do you guys not like lightskin black women?

Most Helpful Guy

• People should not give you a hard time about your question. You never said you like white men. Even if we assume that, liking white men does not mean you dislike other men. And even if we assume that, you have as much of a right to your preferences as anyone else. It seems like many people come down on black women who suggest romantic interest in non-black men, yet nary a word is spoken against other groups (including black men) who express interracial interests, even exclusive ones. I think black women are caught in the intersection of racism against blacks, sexism against women, and black loyalism. This is unfair to you and other black women.

Ignore the naysayers. You are entitled to your preferences. Like anyone else, you have only one supreme value: life satisfaction. Run toward it as fast as you can for as long as you can, even if you get some bugs in your teeth, because it will be worth it when you've gotten your hands on it. If you think that pursuing white men is the best option for getting what you supremely value, then pursue white men.

Now, to your question. I think white men get with dark-skinned black women more often for three main reasons: (1) black men tend to be all over the light-skinned black women, which leaves the dark-skinned black women more available; (2) dark-skinned black women are, in my experience, more upfront about their interest; and (3) some white men have a preference for darker skin tones and related physical traits. If the last one grinds your gears, remember that they have as much of a right to their preferences as you have to yours. With that said, there are more than enough interested white men for light-skinned black women to swoop up. If you are having trouble getting one, then it could be because you are shy. If you are, then you should try to be more upfront about your interest.

• Oh my god exactly lol. But thanks your answer covered everything I was asking :)

What Guys Said 10

• my friend is white and is dating a lightskin black girl

• LOL. I'm sure I read a question by a different black girl recently complaining that the only black girls that white guys liked were light-skinned black girls.

• I see it the other way around lol yikes

• Some people are just attracted to different things. I have only been attracted to white women, but I know that is just my taste.

• I don't think this is true. I've found lots of light skin black women attractive.

• I know but it seems like white guys do view us as black or something

• i donĀ“t care. if she is nice and looks decent, i want to date her.

• I dont really care about skin color

• I have a lot more things in life to worry about and are also more important, so trivial things like 'skin color' don't matter to me at all.

• I don't know I mean what's wrong w/ black guys? I honestly don't know if I could ever date a black girl...

I recently slept w/ a black girl who wanted a relationship.. i felt bad b/c she was a nice girl and all.. but I just couldn't do it...

• With Men, its often not the race that prevents them from dating someone, its either the CULTURE or the BEHAVIOR of that person that scares them away. Most guys aren't shallow! But why are you specifically asking Caucasian males? :/

• Definitely a culture thing. I personally am just not a fan of hip-hop, rap, etc., and the culture that goes along with it.

• It's actually for school because my class was saying i should date a white guy because I'm lightskin but I didn't see it that way haha

What Girls Said 6

• Why everybody want a white boy?

• Girl stop it. You just need to find a good man. Who cares about skin color. When us women have preferences it doesn't do us good.

• i don't think that's true

• That's not true at all.

• At least where I'm from and from what I see in the media light skinned blacks get the most attention and are considered more attractive

• Stop generalizing.