My boyfriend and I are constantly fighting about how he thinks I choose my friends over him.. I don't know what to do because that's not true?

We've been dating for 2 years now.. And I find myself always crying. I'm 16 and he's my first love and I gave it up to him. Anyways so I'm getting so hurt because lately he's called me so many horrible things... A lier, crazy af, bad gf.. He says he's giving up and that he's been waiting for me to fix this friend thing and still nun has been fixed.. But I don't know how to fix it. I feel like he wants me to completely forget about my friends. Problem is, I can't stay mad at him and I want to work things out because I love him but I don't know what to do. He makes me feel like I'm not good enough, I feel like he deserves someone who will be. My parents are strict and I can't see him as much as he wants me to... So that's why he feels like I don't try to see him. But it hurts because I do and sometimes I think he should go be with a girl who could see him all the time. He is a sweet guy and he loves me too so don't look at him as a dick. Help please

Most Helpful Girl

• Whether you see it or not calling you names is called verbal abuse and shouldn't be tolerated. "He makes me feel like I'm not good enough" , "He says he's giving up and that he's been waiting for me to fix this friend thing.." both red flags. Signs of being controlling and manipulative... really maybe he should work on himself some too. So the controlling and manipulation is actually working because you are crying all the time and you feel like he deserves someone better. If you are such a shitty girlfriend maybe he should find another. I'm sure you won't want to hear any of this and I am trying not to speak negatively of your bf but have you considered that maybe you are not the problem? Also, you are young and there are so many other guys out there...

What Guys Said 1

• You are young, spend time with your friends. His need for you to choose means he is not secure in himself.

If it were not your friends it would be something else. This is the time of your life you should be spending time with your friends. The problem is you love him and love at your age is very destructive. Look at what it has you thinking and doing now at this moment.

Tell him you need space. There are 2 things that will fix the friend problem. 1. he drops the request and respects your choices like a man. 2nd, you give him space to think about option 1.

• Thank you so much for that advice.

What Girls Said 0