Why did my ex contact me then ignore me?

It's weird. She pops back in asks me out bails on the date asks again then starts ignoring text. Then asks again and goes out with me. We flirt we laugh and we talk the whole time. She made it very clear that she wanted to see a lot more of me. She asks me to go out again I give her a place later but she ignores it. I ask her again and she agrees after the place closes. So I suggest we try next week and no reply. Randomly text her a few days later again no reply. If it was anyone else I'd just walk away but to this day I haven't met a girl that even comes close to making me smile as much as this girl and I really don't want to give up just because it tough right now. Should I just suck it up and throw in the towel again or suck it up and keep trying? My friends (especially the females) tell me to leave but nearly everyone that sees us together thinks we're the perfect couple from teachers to random acquaintances to literally every waiter who's ever served us. This last waitress sat there and watched us talk the whole time with the biggest grin on her face. Her mom thinks I'm like the best guy ever for her and has told her this twice. Her best friends use to pry and push me about everything to figure out just how into her I was. She even got drunk one night a few years back and told everyone at the club she was going to marry me. She actually did ask me to marry her a while back. But now she's doing this and I'm just not sure. In the past she's freaked out over weird stuff. Like one day in the middle of making out she goes I can't do this and was going to leave I said that's fine and she stared at me like I had shot her. She once broke up with me asked me to be friends then freaked out when I told her no. She texts me that me and her mom are the only ones that truly care about her then tells me to go find another girl 2 weeks later which I fought but angrily and stupidly eventually agreed too. Which once again pissed her off. What is happening? And what should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• She doesn't know what she wants.. She thinks she wants u one moment, and the next she doesn't, she is confused

• Well what would help her stop being so confused?

What Girls Said 3

• This girl is self centered. Whenever you don't do what she wants she throws a fit.
    Well, if you wanna keep trying, you need to tell her that if you guys are gonna be together then no silent treatments, no attitude problems, no playing mind games. If she can't accept this, then move on. This is a perfectly example of what I'm telling you to do: "Like one day in the middle of making out she goes I can't do this and was going to leave I said that's fine and she stared at me like I had shot her. She once broke up with me asked me to be friends then freaked out when I told her no."

My other option is to just leave her now. She seems to enjoy having you around, but only when its convenient for her. Again, self centered.

• Well from what I've read colleges aged people have the highest narcissistic tendency's compared to any other age group so I'm not surprised. Wouldn't telling her that we can only be together if she does things by the rules you listed be the same as her throwing a fit because I'm not doing things on her terms? And leaving her is what I've been doing and it just feels like giving up and running away because I can't have what I want.

• I've felt this way before, her behavior seems familiar.

• Well how can I help her understand that sharing her feelings with me isn't a burden?

• because she is thinking about you and she wants to see if you are thinking about her. Then that way when she is around her friends she can say... omg he is such a stalker... or some bs like that. just to get her ego stroked just saying.

• Why would you think she's doing that?

• She's confused. When she texts you, ignore her. She's keeps coming back to you cause she's use to you and comfortable. Cut her off. She's playing with your emotions.

• Why should I ignore her? I want her to be use to me and comfortable. And what makes you think she's playing with my emotions?

What Guys Said 0