Does sex ruin friendships? If so, how come?

Is it a bad idea to sleep with a good friend? If so, why? What experiences have you had with this and what happened?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. I think it's one of the best things to happen in a friendship - leads to a stronger bond
    2. But unfortunately the way we humans are it does exactly the opposite :)
    3. My experience all but one went way of point 2 barring 2 of them which are awesome till date & stay that way :)
    4. Problem starts with at least one of those involved begins to develop alternate expectations which is also a very human thing to happen and THEN everything goes for a toss :)

What Guys Said 6

• if someone even considers 'sleeping' with a good friend, then it means from that point onwards, he/she becomes a fuck buddy. Forget about the sex, the friendship actually gets ruined the moment such thoughts come to a person.

• Yes, it's an awful idea. Even if your friendship does manage to survive, it'll never be the same. There will always be unspoken tension between the two of you. I slept with one of my best friends, and it ended up being a friends with benefits type situation. Before going into it, we swore that we'd never let it come between us and that sex didn't have to mean anything. Well, she eventually gained feelings that I didn't reciprocate and long story short we haven't spoken in years.

• Tread lightly. The feelings that most likely will develop will complicate things!

• If you have sex with a friend, they aren't really your friend, are they? It sort of moves your relationship with them to something else, whether it be a fuckbuddy or a lover. So yeah, it sort of does ruin a friendship

• I don't think so, once I get to know a girl for a long while it just kind of happens and no real (friendship wise) repercussions have happened.
    -Hope this helps :)

• it can... depends on the two parties though...

once did it, but then it got back to normal...

What Girls Said 2

• With a good friend? Lol It will ruin unless you don't want a friends and benefits thing. If I were you, I would never risk my friendship. Good friendship is hard to find you know. It usually end bad for women, keep that in mind.

• Aw yea my friend pick penis over are friendship