Would it work if a 14 year old guy tried to date a 16 year old girl?

We've hung out twice and it seemed like it went pretty well she seemed kinda interested but would it be weird if I made a move

She kinda likes male attention though so could she still like me?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 15 and tried to make it work with a 14 year old because he was sweet, but in the end it was weird. Traditionally, girls want to date someone older or at least the same age. I would say wait a while and see if she makes a move :)

What Girls Said 5

• Personally I wouldn't want to date a guy younger than me. Most girls I know don't. Usually it has to do with maturity level. I can't be with a guy who isn't at least about on the same maturity level with me. I'm 16 by the way

• Has happened before. you'd never know if u dont ask her.

• What is the age of concent there?

• I'm pretty sure it's two years and were only like 1 and a half years apatt

• Wait it's actually 18

• Then it's okay. But the thing that matters is that are you 2 on same level of maturity. You just hotta wait and see

• why don't you kids care about your education instead?

• 14 years olds are babies no it will Never work out

What Guys Said 2

• That's fine man go for it. Just don't get her pregnant

• I mean its fine, he's 16 she's 14, big deal. Girls hit puberty really young so at her age she probably fully developed. He's not so much older that it's ni ether illegal or morally wrong

Its like a sophomore and a freshman dating.

• Yeah well 15 and 19 is far from the same. Personally I don't think its a big deal and still a lot of places don't have the stigma. But in general there's a lot of negative feelings towards this by society

• He's not a child molester for dating a girl a few years younger. These are still high-school ages you know. Plus 15 she's not actually a child but a young adult. Big difference there.

I don't condone it but its really not as bad as people make it out to be. Besides guys are a few years behind in terms of maturity so if you take that into account he really is not at the point where he's just taking advantage of her

• Yes. Its just a 2 year age difference. It's fine