How to cheer my crush up when she's sad?

I had a crush on her for 2 years already. Everytime I see her cry in class, I can't help but feel sad too. The last thing I want to see is to see her cry. I know she have her clique to cheer her up, whom she trusts, but I just want to comfort her, give her a hug, let her know that im always there for her no matter what. But I just dont know how.
She and I are on quite good terms, play fights, laughs at jokes together and we talk. I get to sit beside her at some lessons, and she knows I have a crush in the class. She kept asking me who it was but I just dont want to say because its her. But when she's sad I dont know how to comfort her, because there's plenty of other friends there for her. Im afraid she will push me away if i hug her, I dont even find the courage to cheer her up. How do I overcome this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Perhaps it is because of You she is feeling this way... Maybe 'hard in her heart' to see you every day, Wanting to tell you, but can't. It has happened to Me in my life, for I liked someone so much as a teen one time, and he and I had a great relationship in friend zone forest, but deep down, I was 'Crying the blues,' wanting him so, but didn't know how to tell him. Could be Your case, not sure, however... She could just have issues.
    Whatever her story, all you can Do is just be there for her for now, for a shoulder to lean on and one to cry on. Feel it out for now. And asking her if she is alright is another thing you can offer, as you----Give her your Hug. No, I don't think she will 'Push you away,' but May welcome you with her open arms.
    Good luck. xx
    Good luck. xx

What Girls Said 10

• OMG that is so cute! what a lucky girl!
    Yeah that awkward moment when your crush asks who your crush is, right?
    Just approach her and ask her gently why is she sad, she would really really appreciate it and she would love you mooreee because she then knows what a truly good person you are! good luck

• I think it's a good start that the both of you can talk to start with. I think one way to approach that is to start a normal conversation like you usually do, then point out that you seem to have noticed that she's sad. Then it's up to her whether to talk to you or not about this. At this point you can give her a push saying, I will listen and don't worry I'm hear to give you a listening ear. If she stays silent, stay silent with her. She might open up later. Also remind her that if ever she wants to cry, she can always lean on your shoulder.

• I'll take note of your advice, thanks!

• I say the best way to overcome this is by being a friend like you always have and if she's comfortable enough she'll open up too you about what's been bothering her... and when she asked you who did have a crush you should of laughed and been honest and told her she was it that will make a girl day or dreams come to light you never know she might be crushing on you as well put the shy worried guy to the side and go for what you want and if you guys are already good friends being together as a couple will probably be ten times better and she won't ever have to be sad cause you'll make her happy!!!(lol hopefully)

• Know that you are her friend end too! She won't push you away! Give her a hug, tell her it will be okay. Build up the courage to do it. Know she won't push you away. And after you can do that, build up the courage to ask her out! Then she will always look to you when she is down!

• Just hug her. All sad people need hugs and it sounds like you are friends so it's ok

• awwwwww this is soo cute! i love this. if youre trying to overcome shyness, the two tips i have are just do it (whoo nike) but also it comes with time. go up to her an ask her if shes okay, what happened, ask if she wants you to hug her, ask if she wants you to stay with her, etc. make sure shes okay with it and i think that will help you feel comfortable; knowin she wants it

• I think that the way to overcome this is to be there for her as a friend and come open to her about ur feeling for her later.

• Make her laugh with any means even if u have to give urself a wedgie to do so

• Send her flowers!

What Guys Said 0