Can dating be enjoyable after 30?

Is anyone else on here dating after 30?

What do you do to make it fun in any way?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on where the person's at in their life. Many women say they struggle as they see guys their age constantly going for girls in their lower 20's. But I honestly feel many guys do date within their age.

I think as long as people have hobbies they should always be able to find someone with similar hobbies and go from there.

One issue I do notice is women in their 30's have a big chance of having kids and that guys keep making it a dealbreaker but as they get older, it's kinda expected that many women have children.

• I agree that there are guys who date closer to their age. Most guys have kids too, but I see that as a plus since I want them and don't think I can have them.

What are some hobbies I could possibly pick up? Most of mine are solo - reading, writing, movies, long walks & hiking, etc.

What Guys Said 5

• If we don't have fixations and baggage to carry then it's fun even at 80 :)

I agree with what @DonJuan2014 says + with experience & a better liberated mind it sure can be much more fun than at an younger age :)

• Dating the right person is always fun.

And dating when you have a better idea of what you want is much better than all the trial-and-error bullshit... I love being 31 and knowing what I want and feeling good and certain of what I have to offer.

• I feel like dating is heaven for girls age 16-27 or so, when the world is their oyster

27-40 its more men's time...

• Don't believe everything you hear.

• there may be individual experiences that differ, but every girl i know in her early 20s has an endless supply of guys chasing after her, and the average guy in his 20s has to struggle to get any

i know i had to bust ass to pull one night stands or consistent sexual partners when i was younger, its getting progressively easier though

• Most of the guys I dated had similar experiences as I did and we were all fairly average. While there may be some extra "throwaway" attention from guys trying to pull ass, the kind of attention most girls are looking for isn't that easy. It's like being jealous that a vegetarian can get free hamburgers.

Glad to hear things are looking up for you, though.

• Do you want to go on a date? We can test your theory. ;-p

• well older people have more money to spend so dating can be a lot more fun.

What Girls Said 5

• Sure it can be! I am having highs and lows but there are some very cool people out there to meet, some suck, but oh well, lol

• What do you do to make it fun? I've had a real drag lately.

• Then it feels like a drag, I hear you! Hmmm I also think it might be more fun to meet people in person... so why not take a class or some new hobby to meet new people?

• Have any tips? I'd love a new hobby. Most of mine are solitary.

• I'm 34 and still dating. I have days when I love it then days when I'd prefer to be settled down already.

• I just turned 30, but never dated really... just went straight into a relationship... it never seemed enjoyable to me at any age so far... I suppose it can be fun if it's something you enjoyed before in your teens and twenties. I find it unfortunate that some people said guys tend to date women in their early twenties... I don't think age is an issue... more so finding someone that shares common interests and is at a similar place in life.

• You look a lot younger than 30!

• Probably because I didn't really do much living most of my life... sitting and studying all the time... it slowed down my clock...

• I never enjoyed it either! But it was easier to meet people without formally dating.

• I certainly hope so, since I'm just 2 years shy...
    I don't see why it wouldn't be.
    People tend to be more stable, regarding home, career, etc, after 30, so I'd imagine they know what they want better than those younger than them... generally speaking.
    Also, as someone mentioned, they often have a little more money and independence then someone in their early 20s, so that's DEFINITELY fun :-)

• I haven't really dated in my thirties yet! My small trial hasn't been going so great, but it could just be circumstance.

• Do old people activities. Walk by the beach, fine dinning, bingo, play cards.