Why do I friendzone everybody?

I'm a young girl (17) that get's a fair amount of male attention, i just never seem to be able to commit. I've been nicknamed 'queen of the friendzone' by my friends because the habbit is that bad. I feel as though i am ready for a relationship and i crave love and affection, i just can't seem to stop friendzoning lovely guys. Why am i doing this?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing wrong with that. It is a built in defense mechanism. you are, actually, listening to your instincts.

but when the right man comes along, your instincts will align with your heart, and they will scream: HE IS THE ONE!" You might be tempted to friendzone him. but don't. This may be years from now...

But the truth is the dating scene today is a very shallow one. Men are... usually after one thing. Friendzoning people is your way of protecting your mind, heart, and body. That is a good thing. It protects you. But when the right guy comes along, you are not going to friendzone him?

What Guys Said 3

• Stop friend zoning.. no pats on the back, no buddy statements, be feminine and show romantic interest. Don't get too comfortable with him too fast. by the way I only answered cause no one else answered. Now reward me with a picture and MHO.

• You can't date everyone and you probably just haven't met a guy that you really fell for yet

• You're waiting too long to ask them out/be asked out. There's supposedly a "time limit" on how long it takes to ask people out. That, feelings, disappear after a certain amount of time. The question is, is, how is that possible. If you like someone, shouldn't you be able to wait? Why are you in such a rush?

What Girls Said 1

• You being so young , you shouldn't worry about dating, its a good thing that you friendzone them because thats what they should be.. friends. You have plenty of time to get into serious relationships in the future as you grow up, no need to rush.