Which of these pictures should I use for my online dating profile?

I'm thinking of giving online dating a try. I did use it before, about a year ago, but gave up after getting very few replies and no dates. I can understand why though, I didn't put a lot of effort into my profile/messages, I don't look great, I used quite poor photos and live in a low population area. This combined with the bad ratio of guys:girls on the site caused problems. Overall I don't think I have much chance of success but I'm willing to give it another go anyway.

I have very few photos due to not liking the way I look, especially in pictures, and not having many friends to take pictures of me lol. Basically all my pictures are either self shots or I'm drunk enough that I didn't realise/care the picture was being taken.

s1285.photobucket.com/.../ASOIAF?sort=3&page=1

This is a link to the most acceptable ones. This is all I really have for the past 2 years. Let me know which you think are best, or if you think none of them are. I'd rather know if you think I look awful, as then I can think about getting better ones, rather than just wasting my time.

I don't intend on aiming high/dating lots of women. To be honest I'd be happy to just find a girlfriend who isn't obese or a single mum. Any extra advice on doing this? Just some generic advice would be fine, I'll probably post my profile/messages and ask for specific advice on that later.

Bump.
Sent out 60 messages so far and I've not gotten any replies... Is this normal?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1|0
    • Thanks, I'm thinking I'll use that for my main pic. Any of the others look okay?

• Fair enough, thank you for your help :)

• No problem. Hope it works out

What Girls Said 7

• s1285.photobucket.com/.../..._zps9a789f6a.jpg.html

you look the most professional and straightforward in that photo

• have some confidence! you don't look awful. will date.
    don't use selfies (except the one knotme suggested), don't use the first one in which you are too small. all others are fine. and yeah, not always with the same guy friend.

• As I said, I didn't have much like when I tried before, I'd rather not set my hopes too high.

No selfies seems to be a common answer so I'll be sure to exclude them. I might have to have 2 or 3 with that one friend though, don't have a lot of other choice. What do you think about pictures of me with girls, acceptable or not?

• with girls - as long as it's not the main profile pic i wouldn't care much :)

• the 6th photo though, looks too much like a married couple lol

• The ones with your friends are nice

• I like the picture with your friend. Its in the second row and the first from left. Seems like you are in a club and posing for a photo.

• Thank you! I wasn't sure on it because I hate how my teeth look in general lol.

Any others? I'll need 4 or 5 really.

• Thanks :)

• No problem

Good luck with dating :)

• i like the first one in the 2nd row, but only if you had been smiling for it

• That was actually my birthday, you wouldn't have guessed haha. I usually avoid smiling as it makes my face look very asymmetrical and I don't like my teeth.

• Okay so don't use ones with girls in them can be a bit of a put off no matter who the girl is. As for the ones with friends they are nice but how on the website at a first glance are people going to know which one is you.

• My main image, the first image they see, is going to be one of me on my own, so there shouldn't be any confusion.

The only issue I have with not using pictures with girls in them is that means I then either have to have loads of pictures with my one male friend, or loads of selfies which everyone seems to be against using lol.

• You are not bad looking as my first point and I think you look the best in the middle one top row but I don't recommend using one of you with another girl but I wouldn't worry too much about it because as I said you aren't bad looking I'd just get a new good photo of yourself not a selfie though, smile and don't have other people with you in it.

• Thanks, I don't really have anyone to take a picture of me and I don't really feel comfortable doing it either. Which do you think is worse, only having one friend in like 3 or 4 pictures or having pictures with girls in them?

• I think girls is probably worse but I'd make clear who you was if you were going to use ones with friends in and to the not comfortable doing it part if its about looks I wouldn't say that you looked fine if I thought you looked bad I'm on anonymous it wouldn't make a difference to me you look pretty good so I think you should just try and be happier with yourself and honestly when it comes to meeting any of them it should help too I know myself its easier said than done I know I'm not bad looking because I'm checked out etc but I still didn't see it I just acted confident and slowly got more confident

What Guys Said 2

• Yes it is very normal. A general rule of thumb is (not an exact science). For every message you send a girl. she will receive 30 others. Women get inundated with messages.

• The headshot isn't bad. I would have a photo shoot and get some new pics. You're a good looking guy and a professional will highlight your best features.. the saying is, in online dating you are only as attractive as your worst profile pic.
    I wouldn't use any of the selfies.
    Good luck!

• Won't that just look try hard?

Technically the headshot is a selfie but its a well taken one lol.