Is a year long enough to give someone a promise ring if I have known him for 6 years?

I don't want to freak him out and he is the love of my life and I have loved him for 5 years.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you want to give the promise ring or receive it? I know I have talked about promise rings with my boyfriend and he doesn't want one from me but when he is ready he is going to give one to me. But yes I think that is enough time. It also depends on what you want the promise ring to mean. For us it is going to mean a promise to get engaged and married when we are older.

• Yes that is what it will mean for us too and we have talked about it and he said a year is a good time but I just wanted a second opinion

• thank you for the MH :)

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• Definitely. Actually I did like the same thing. Known him 6 years and gave him his ring after a shortish time of dating. He still has it. ❤❤❤

• Yes, I think that's fine.