Am I overreacting or is my boyfriend being straight out rude?

My boyfriend says he doesn't like taking pictures & neither do I but I'm willing to take pictures of us together to show the world he's mine, or at least the people I talk to that I'm taken. He says we should at least wait 5 months & then we can take a picture. When I ask why so long he gets smart with me. For example I asked him why he doesn't wanna take pictures and he said "because I dont like pictures. I dont even take family pictures. I dont like taking pictures." He then got smart with me after and said "3 enough for you?" As in are those 3 "reasons" enough for me.

He's also really not sympathetic. If he hurts my feelings and I confront him he will just say "well I'm being honest. I'm not going to lie." And if I tell him he should at least apologize he says "Well if I apologize I won't mean it. So why should I?" It ready hurts when he says that to me. We've been together for about a week or a week and a half and he's already hurting me with the things he says.

Am I just overreacting? If not, what should I tell him? :/ I'm really upset.

Most Helpful Guy

• As far as the picture thing goes, I can relate. I can be pretty self conscious around cameras and hate other people taking picture of me, because I think I'll look bad. It takes me like fifteen minutes in front of a mirror checking my hair before I can confidently take a picture. Just leave the issue alone. People who feel the need to upload pictures of their significant others just come off desperate and like they're putting up a front.

As for the hurtful comments, he probably isn't doing it on purpose. Some people, especially men, have a tendency to speak without thinking. He's probably just a naturally blunt person, which can't really be changed because it's a personality trait. You'll have to decide if you're willing to live with his bluntness or if it's a deal breaker.

• Omg... I totally forgot us females are way different than males.. This truly helped a bunch!

What Guys Said 2

• Some people aren't very confident with taking pictures, but for him to admit that would be awkward. Also, when you keep begging for pics, you come across as desperate.

As for the whole thing about being rude... I do the same thing. He isn't trying to be rude. He's trying to be honest. If you look ugly in that dress and ask for my opinion on it, I'll say you look ugly. I'm not telling you to change the dress, I'm just saying you look bad in it. And I adamantly refuse to apologize, because I stand by what I said. What you perceive as rudeness is actually honesty and a form of determination. Guys with these traits can be annoying at times, but they're the ones who you can count on, and who aren't going to bail in you when the going gets tough.

• Sounds a lot like me. I wouldn't push him on the pictures thing, try to get him to warm up to it over time. As far as honesty goes, it's an admirable and uncommon trait among people these days.

What Girls Said 4

• This relationship will never work if you get mad over little things like pictures me and my boyfriend didn't take pictures for almost the first 5 months just because we were a bit shy about it all it comes with time! But it looks to me if after just a week your feeling this way you just end things.

• You're not overreacting. He's being a dick. Break up with him

• My bf of 3 years is the exact same way. He actually treats me sweet but when it comes to being rude he responds just like that. I get really pissed off but then again maybe they just don't like it like they say they don't.

• No. You're not over reacting, he's being a little bitch. There's nothing wrong with him giving you a simple answer. You should try to talk to him about it some more and if he's gonna continue to be like this, dump him. You seem way nicer than him js