Should I Break Up With My Girlfriend?

My girlfriend and I have been dating for almost two months now, and I feel like she isn't very interested. I have asked her before, but she said that she thinks about me literally all day and that she is always anxious to see me or talk to me. She's just not very clingy, and I usually have to initiate making out and cuddling and what not. Should I break up with her, or am I just over thinking this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I do the same thing with the guy that I am currently with it's not that I don't like him or think of him or blush when I hear his name or see his text it's because I've been through a lot and overtime I became emotionally detached I don't feel comfortable with affection and I love space and freedom and it's hard for me to trust. He has some of the same problems and we both understand. Sometimes it's complicated because you wonder if the person doesn't like you but they may still like you, there are always signs besides affection. We've been going on for more than a year like this but are slowly opening up together. The only solution to this is patience. a lot of patience. And if you try to talk to her about this she may deny it she has to open up at her own pace don't rush her. You wouldn't ask a baby to run when they first get on their feet.

What Girls Said 9

• There seems to be some sort of communication issue going on. I would make some sort of effort to calmly resolve it before breaking up with her.

You should break up with someone if the relationship is making you unhappy. So ask yourself if the relationship is making yourself unhappy or if there is just a little bump in it.

• Your over thinking it!! Give her some time to warm up to you and get to know you. 2 months is to soon to make that call just yet.

• I've asked her why she seems so nervous around me, but she says she didn't realize she was. Do you think she was lying about being nervous?

• Oh, and I have to ask this: would that tie into how I have to compliment her first before she compliments me back? She's kind of awkward with it.

• Yes... I can guarantee she gets very awkward when you compliment her because she doesn't know how to take a compliment so she acts weird and compliments you back. TRUST ME this will get better give her time to really open up to you

• I know how you're girlfriend feels. I've been through some traumatic things in my life and it has left me emotionally awkward; and while I love being close to my boyfriend, at times I eventually just cut it off and 'play the role' of a girlfriend because I start to become emotionally overwhelmed. The communication part of my relationship has suffered because of this also; but it doesn't help much that my boyfriend is basically the same way. Trust me when I say this: the best thing to do is try and understand where your girlfriend is coming from. If you love her and want to make it work you have to work on your communication that way you can steadily fix the problems in your relationship.

• She's probably nervous, or feels like since she's the girl she has to wait for you to initiate everything. My boyfriend and I have been together a while, and I still occasionally get nervous about making the first move. She's probably worried you'll think she is weird or clingy.

• You're over thinking. Some girls (like myself) are emotionally detached which makes it hard to express constant feelings toward someone.

• Well, she was in a mind screwing relationship about a year ago in which the guy would make fun of her and make her cry. He would also flirt with other girls in front of her..

• Even more of a reason to give her a chance. She obviously likes you given that you're dating, just give her time to open up. Express your concern to her if you feel that it'd bring you closer.

• I think you should give it some time. Maybe ask her why she doesn't initiate physical intimacy?

• I don't think that you should leave her. She is probably nervous and the more time you guys spend together the more comfortable she will get with you. Just give some time and see how things go.

• Not all girls are clingy and you guys have only been together for two months thats not a long time.

• Are you sure you are her boyfriend too? I mean, do you know if she actually thinks of you as together?

• Yes, of course.. We have talked about it. I'm not some creepy weirdo..

What Guys Said 1

• I think you are overthinking it. I think you are also taking her lack of physical initiative as some sort of indication of her feelings for you.

I think you should communicate how you're feeling in a productive way. like suggest that you would like her to initiate physical stuff sometimes... I don't think, if this is the only issue, that you should break up with her yet