My friends all told me I deserved to be hit do you agree?

My girlfriend and I were in an argument and she was going on and on about how much she thought I flirted with other girls and she was on a rampage and wouldn't stop talking. I was trying to defend myself or at least get a word in. I kept saying "Stacy you need to calm down." After saying this like 5 times I reached out and put my hands on her shoulders and kinda raised my voice and said "Stacy, you need to calm the fuck down." I know that wasn't necessary and I regret saying that now and saying it the way I did. She then took my hand and threw it off her shoulder and said "Don't touch me you asshole." and slapped me really hard across the face and pushed me backwards and then ran up to MY ROOM and locked the door. I was just so confused and frustrated that I just didn't even talk to her and went to sleep on my couch. When I got up this morning my bed was made and Stacy was gone.

It's been a day and I still haven't talked to her. When I told my friends about it they told me that I deserved it for yelling that in her face and that I should be a man and go tell her I'm sorry and she might apologize too. I find it weird that she hit me and I have to apologize.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should have listened to her instead of just telling her to calm down. You shouldn't have grabbed her shoulders or sworn at her.

She shouldn't have hit you or taken over your room.

You both need to grow up, discuss things reasonably without physical contact or anger bubbling over, and apologise to each other.

What Girls Said 6

• SHE WAS WRONG. you do not hit her and you weren't yelling at her - you were trying to calm her down because she wouldn't calm you down. Why would you want a girl who hits you anyway? Get away from her - block her number - block her Facebook and tell everybody that she hit you.

• I think you both need to work on your communication skills and handling your emotions.
    You should of kept calm and not curse
    But she has no right to hit you or punch you at all. No one should put their hands on each other.

• She acted extremely immature and she should be the one to apologize. I would hope you weren't flirting around, but even if you were physical violence is a highly inappropriate way to handle the situation.

• Just saying I honestly was not flirting. So before this all happened Stacy and I and a bunch of ours friends went to dinner together. When I went to Stacy's sorority one of her friends, Aubrey, has kinda hated me ever since she met me last year (She met me at at collage party and I was drunk.) Being one Stacy's best friends I really don't want her to hate me. So when she came down from her bedroom I said "Well, someone looks pretty." I now realize how that could have been taken meanly since Stacey but was in the same room as me and I had arms around her at the time. Also, Stacey knows that Aubrey doesn't like me. It was just a big misunderstanding I think.

• You deserved it, sorry. Yelling at someone to stay calm is not kind and touching her in a time like that probably just made her more mad. She should have handled her anger better though instead of hitting. I know for a fact I could never hit my boyfriend because I love him. But your friends were right you kinda deserved it.

• Any kind of violence is wrong, no matter who does it or why. You cannot "deserve" being slapped and girls don't have more right to hit than guys. Maybe your friends are more her friends than yours.. in any case they don't seem to know what they are talking about.

Your actions were wrong too as many here said. If you do apologize for your part in this, make sure to also let her know that you found it very bad of her to hit you and you expect that it never happens again. Don't forgive it until she apologizes too. But also make an effort not to treat her that way in future.

Staying respectful yourself is the best way not to lose respect. Once disrespect starts on any side, it causes more disrespect, it gets worse and worse and the damage cannot always be reversed. If you stay in control, the person who loses control is very likely to feel guilty about it later when they calm down, but not so if you react with anger and also do a bunch of things you regret...

• If you really do flirt with other girls , then you deserve it, if not then you're not wrong

What Guys Said 5

• You didn't deserve it. She needs to work on her anger management.

• She was wrong, and your friends too. There is nothing wrong with rising your voice in a discussion, specially if she was getting mad first. Plus, she hitted you, not the contrary. If it was me, I would hit her back. I don't care if she is a girl, if someone hits me, I will hit back. This is a classic case of when a girl is a bitch but she ends up as the victim, even though she is wrong.
    By the way, she REALLY is a fucking bitch.

• You didn't deserve to be hit, but you both need to chill out. If she goes crazy like that again just leave the area or do something else and let her calm down on her own

• Dude your GF sounds like a bitch. That is a classic example how women and girls love to play the victim card you never hit her all you did was put your hands on her shoulders. And wtf where you sleeping on the couch? You also have stupid friends.

• Well, since your profile says you are older than 12 that is completely unacceptable. You reacted like a tween throwing a tantrum and you deserve to be treated as such.

Why are you even in a relationship?