Has anyone noticed their preference in what they like in the opposite sex change as they've gotten older?

I like to think of myself as an individual I would always say that I am an individual and now that I look back on it... I realize that I was not. I was all about the girl that either looked like Beyoncé or blonde hair and blue eyes. No in-between. Now I dig all flavors of girls. I used to say she had to have at least C-size boobs but now I think small boobs are very sexy too. I used to say, I'd only date a girl that was mostly lean but now I'm realizing how incredible squats are. :P I used to say I'd only date girls shorter than me, now me being 5'9"; I see girls 5'10" and up the exact same as I do shorter than me. I guess I'm asking, has anyone else found that they've started thinking for themselves too?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have never been too picky about looks but I do realize that the more I mature, the more I focus on whether a not a person I am interested in or likes me could be a potential bf based on personality, values, and compatibility, how they carry themselves, and treat me etc.

• It's still profound. Those views are definitely not what the majority looks for. Very cool!

• Thanks for the MH :)

• Most welcome. (:

What Girls Said 4

• The only thing that I realized that got stronger is my lust for beautiful women. lol I have more standards on goals in life and overall personality. I'd still dump a guy for a girl any day for some reason. I'm still young and learning so this can change as well ^_^

• I just want somebody slim, fit, compassionate, responsible, young, well groomed and smart.

• Yes I use to prefer only tall white guys with muscles but now I prefer half black, Asian, and tanned Latino men

• I'm a tall white guy with muscles.

• Well most of the white guys I met disrespected me so that is when I realized not to limit my options

• Shucks... well that's not... that womps. I'm sorry to hear that. It sucks that it took something like that to open your eyes a bit but I definitely can probably imagine that you are a much better person for it. You know?

• As I get older I stop caring about hot and fun and sexy and I care more about a man's character

What Guys Said 4

• Well as I am getting older I am starting to pay attention more to their personality and not just their superficial looks.

• There you go. I was speaking about aesthetically though because very rarely do we hear someone speak before we see them. Which is why I chose the outward as the basis for the question meaning would you let your previous biases of old interfere with you getting to know someone because they didn't fit your set criteria?

• Every girl could meet those qualities if they wanted too. And well then yes I need a girl who can move. That is my "look"

• If they wanted to, I feel like they're too caught up in who they're "supposed" to be instead of who they want to be. Because being different as we know, comes with risk and not the mass acceptation that most want.

• No, I never gave into that pressure but I understand what you're saying. Growing up, most of my friends were into the super curvaceous blondes. I've never found light hair attractive and prefer rather petite women, so I was always the odd one in the bunch.

• The odd ones are always misunderstood. You're better than me then, you evolved much sooner because you always were. That's pretty cool sir bro.

• Not really. High schools all day every day.

• My preference changes every other day :D

• Haha Wishy-washy! :P Some call that progression so that can be good! Haha