How long does a relationship have to go before kissing? (I'd like mostly guys opinions on this)?

I'm just curious. I'm 15 and never been kissed before (aside from my parents and those are good night kisses), and there's this guy who i know that I would really like to get a kiss from. I've just started to know him - it's been month that we've known each other - and I know i need to wait a lot longer before I could ever think of getting a kiss from him. The last night that I was with this guy, we slow danced, and i knew i should've just kissed him then, but that would've been way, way, WAY too soon. Can I get some advice on this please? any advice would help. Thanks! :)

Forgot to mention! He and i live in completely different states. (we met on a cruise in the teen lounge) We text a lot though, and I don't know when I'll be able to be face-to-face with him again. So I don't know if we will ever actually kiss.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't attach rules to spontaneous gestures that are driven by emotion. That's like asking "when is it too soon to stop crying over the death of a loved one?" There's no algorithm for controlling emotions. When you're ready, it will happen.

Based on the information you've given us, it looks like you missed the first opportunity because you made the mistake of setting a rule for yourself which killed the spontaneity of the moment. You're close. Just don't make that mistake again and you'll be fine.

What Guys Said 5

• Whenever you're ready, really (and when he's ready too). It's different for different people, and it is a much bigger step at 15 than it is later in life. If you feel like there's a moment, and you're ready for it, then go for it. I'm sure he's just as nervous about it as you are.

• At that age it took awhile. It was around the 30day mark, possibly more, I didn't keep check.

Sex took six months at that age.

• No set time really it's just whenever you feel the moment is right. And when that moment comes go for it and if he is ready to he go for it as well if not he'll back off and you'll know.

• How long does it have to go before kissing?

As long as it takes for you to be ready. =]

• first date if it was really great, otherwise second date.

What Girls Said 0