This is my perspective on dating, why is it like this, and will it ever change?

To me it thought dating was about meeting new people having new experiences, maybe have that lovey dovey connection but as time goes on I see that its just turn into a battle, a battle were if your not good looking enough, or take the time to care about someone, you get stomped on, yelled at, etc, I know I can't win this battle and im sick of talking to people who just don't take other peoples feelings into consideration

Most Helpful Girl

• It's like Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "We must be our own before we ca be another's." Honestly, that's my favorite quote when it comes to dating, relationships, etc. Firstly, you need to be content with yourself. You need to be confident in your own skin, you need to know that you have time for it (because it does take a significant time out of your life), and you just need to be prepared for all the consequences that comes with the territory - whether good or bad.

Your perspective on dating is correct because that's how it is but in order to change it, you need to focus on yourself and someone will come along to contradict all of your beliefs towards the matter because they'll show you that it's worth doing all of those things.

What Girls Said 2

• If your relationships always end up being a battle, you're doing it wrong.

• it's not really a relationship or dating, I don't even know what you would call it, going up to ask someone out when they insult you," a battle" as I called it, I don't have a problem with asking others out it's just the attitude you recieve back

• you sound EXACTLY like my ex. 'meeting new people having new experiences'. perhaps you're rushing into 'new experiences', and maybe take a step back and see if you actually like this girl you're dating.

things change, if you change.

• I'm not dating, i'm more of asking, asking someone out only to receive their bad attitude, and this hasn't been with only 1 person sadly

• oh don't worry I know not every single girl is going to be my match, I'm just saying people could be more positive when being asked out :)

• thats true, some girls may be up themselves thats why they act all weird and have a bad attitude.

What Guys Said 0