How do I ask a girl to pay for herself?

Hey. So i know this will make me sound really cheap, but most of my pay goes on bills, so i don't have much expendable income.

Anyway, i met a girl a few weeks ago, and everything is going great. Now for the first few dates i paid for dinner, activites, etc, as i felt the guy should pay for the first dates.

However now whenever we go out, she just expects me to pay for everything. And as i mentioned, i don't have much money to spend.

So how do i ask her to pay for her own food, tickets, etc, without coming across as cheap or rude?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think a girl should be fully capable of paying for herself and if she has any self respect and respect for you, should want to pay for herself. Don't be a dick about it, but just explain the situation before you go out the next time. If she really is worth your time, then she won't make a big deal about it.

• by the way you're not a scum bag, it's called a recession and equal rights. While it is courteous to pay, a girl shouldn't be dependent on a guy.

What Girls Said 5

• instead of asking her to pay, which will really drop ur status down tremendously. or get ur money up more before you consider dating.

take her on free, low cost dates and events.

• Go on free dates. A walk in the park or on the beach is much more romantic than dinner in a crowded restaurant.

• you just line up first and pay for your own drink or ask the register person to halve the bill. then pay that and act casual.

• Wow. Scum bag!

• Yea what about a cheap date? Go somewhere, or do something that is almost free. Or just simply tell her, it's a little tight for you with bills and that. She should be able to understand that.

What Guys Said 2

• hey man, try a cheap date, invite her over. Cook some food for her. And tell her straight up your broke! life sucks in that way, but if she is worth keeping she will understand, if she isn't then she is just a user and will leave.

• Go to the park on picnic it doesn't take much to buy picnic foods
    ask her what she likes to eat , she should be willing to go for that