Should I try to kiss her to send a message?

Okay, so a friend of mine (who I have a really big crush on) used to be suicidal, and cut, and it was just the worst. Eventually she got out of it. But now, years later, she started cutting again, and now she has been having suicidal thoughts. I asked her if she wanted to have lunch with me, so we could talk about it, and I could show her a perfect substitute for cutting. Now this will be kind of a help-her moment, but I feel like it will create a bond between us.

So do you think that at the end of it I should try to kiss her?
Or should I just hug her, then ask her out on a more official date later, and try to kiss her there?

Most Helpful Girl

• Be careful where you tread, sir. You sound like you want to provide her with the support she needs to stop cutting. Which is fine... but with people like her, you have to be careful because she may rely on you entirely for her emotional validation and that can be dangerous if you two fight or break up.

That being said, go with approach number two.

What Girls Said 2

• Kiss her because it may make her feel better. Thats if you really like her and it not going to be a one time thing. Because you guys would say something now change your mind. Once you are with her you can't change your mind because you would trigger the bad emotions again

• No I wouldn't kiss her at that moment wait for her to get over her cutting issue. So just hug her. I used to be suicidal and I think doing that would mess things up hope it helped.

What Guys Said 1

• maybe go with the second approach. well I mean how does she feel about you?

• She doesn't really see me as more than a friend, but I'm not being friendzoned. It's kind of like, if I give her the idea of us being together, it will give her something to think about.

• then I would say go in for the hug but after the subtle hug give her a light kiss on her forehead, assuming you're taller than she is.